OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wyoming property access

Started by RUN-N-GUN, January 25, 2019, 02:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RUN-N-GUN

Me and a friend are putting in for the Wyoming draw this spring. I'm curious, is it hard to access public land in area 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parrot Head

I was on trip last summer to a bunch of places out there in SD and WY.  I was pulled over outside Devils Tower looking at critters and rancher pulled up to see if I was ok.  We talked for a while when I left I had permission to hunt his 20,000 acre ranch.

SD_smith

For turkeys it should be easy to get access to ranches for birds. Most of them hate them and want them all gone. Around the NE corner of the state it may be a little harder because of a good amount of outfitters around, but not impossible.

RUN-N-GUN

Quote from: Parrot Head on January 25, 2019, 03:03:12 PM
I was on trip last summer to a bunch of places out there in SD and WY.  I was pulled over outside Devils Tower looking at critters and rancher pulled up to see if I was ok.  We talked for a while when I left I had permission to hunt his 20,000 acre ranch.
Good to know thanks!

RUN-N-GUN

Quote from: SD_smith on January 25, 2019, 03:57:04 PM
For turkeys it should be easy to get access to ranches for birds. Most of them hate them and want them all gone. Around the NE corner of the state it may be a little harder because of a good amount of outfitters around, but not impossible.

Thanks! We will try to knock on a few doors if we need to.

NCL

Not sure about turkey but the state and or one of the Chamber of Commerce used to publish ranches that allowed access for big game. I has been about 30 years since I got the publication and we only used it for antelope but it something you might look into.