turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mail Pouch Article

Started by Cutt, April 15, 2013, 12:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Read a good article in the Mail pouch section of Turkey&Turkey Hunting.

Was titled " Are Blinds Eliminating The Chess Match From Hunting"

Here's a portion of the article
Quote: I really don't see anything wrong with them on the surface, but it seems like the new generation of turkey hunters just plop up a blind, stakes out a decoy in a field and then waits to kill a turkey. Maybe thst's oversimplifying matters, but I see it a lot.

It wasn't that long ago that turkey hunters listened for a bird at daylight, tried to make a stategic move torwards that turkey in hopes of working it and didn't dare twitch if a bird came within sight. Are blinds perhaps making these skills or this minset obsolete?

I guess I might just be old-fashioned. Still I'd hate to see the up-and-coming generation of turkey hunters miss out on the chess game that makes the activity so enjoyable.

What's your opinion? I couldn't agree more, as I never understood the use of a blind gun hunting turkeys, as the challenge and fun is the chess match.

FL-Boss

I agree...blinds, all the advancement in guns, chokes ,and ammo especially... the list goes on...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

redarrow

tomstopper

:agreed: I like to work for them like I was taught by my grandfather. The only blind he would use is an occasional limb that he would place over his lap......