only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Trot Fall hunts Cancelled

Started by ChiefBubba, October 01, 2020, 12:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefBubba

Just what it says they've canceled all fall turkey hunting. Bubba

Sir-diealot

Really is to bad to hear that, after meeting Pete last year you can see he is a really nice guy and this Covid is really taking it's toll on businesses this year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

rakkin6

Never heard of this, what is it exactly and where does it take place at?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

doublespurs21

i was booked to go in the spring of 2020. it got canceled, so i switch to the fall turkey hunt, i just canceled it myself a few weeks ago because of the  virus stuff, and ended up switching it all to 2021 spring hunt,,

FL-Boss

Stupid...  If they want to close and fail it's their own fault.  The Blackhills is probably the safest place to be if you are worried about that BS.    Here is their own Governor showing the importance of social distancing in South Dakota just last week -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMNNWdqpiKQ

rakkin6

Quote from: FL-Boss on October 01, 2020, 10:47:36 PM
Stupid...  If they want to close and fail it's their own fault.  The Blackhills is probably the safest place to be if you are worried about that BS.    Here is their own Governor showing the importance of social distancing in South Dakota just last week -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMNNWdqpiKQ
Good for her even if it did take 3 shots. She still is hot. And has some common sense

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Greg Massey

She is one fine Governor .. good shot ...

ChiefBubba

I think it's more the circumstances that they're in. Being in New York doesn't help them at all. I know Pete and Sherry and they are friends. They run a top notch operation and I talked to him several times this past summer and he was doing everything he could to open. I just don't think people are ready to travel just yet. I'm from Florida and being on New York's quarantine list I would have snuck in but the time I talked to him he told me they were stopping people coming in. I just didn't want to add to their problems. Bubba

PalmettoRon

How is it Pete's fault? It's pretty hard to social distance in a lodge with a bunch of hunters. I'm headed out on a road trip to turkey hunt in 4 weeks. I will be hunting just with my wife and staying in a small motel without maid service, so I'm not hiding in a bunker. President Trump and the First Lady are now COVID positive despite having those around them tested. Pete Clare is under a lot of restrictions based on living in NY. Not his fault nor is he being stupid.

Sir-diealot

Sorry you are the one coming off stupid, they are forced to be closed by the state of NY not by choice. I am sure they would rather be doing what they love to do and with clients that they have grown to care about and with new clients as well. They were also forced to shut down the Northeast Call Makers Summit for the same reason. It is the fault of the great dictator in the governors office, not theirs. You are also coming off stupid because you are talking about 2 different states and governors.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Crghss

How about we respect other peoples decision. He made a decision based on what He felt was best for him and his situation. No one knows what is going on in another persons life or what they've been through.

Do love me some South Dakota Gov'nor.....
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

FL-Boss

I stand corrected! I thought we were talking about the Turkey Camp Place in South Dakota. Maybe is was Turkey Track? something close to that.   Yes, any business in NY is a different story..  sucks to be in any business in NY or CA now.

Quote from: Sir-diealot on October 02, 2020, 11:22:18 AM
Sorry you are the one coming off stupid, they are forced to be closed by the state of NY not by choice. I am sure they would rather be doing what they love to do and with clients that they have grown to care about and with new clients as well. They were also forced to shut down the Northeast Call Makers Summit for the same reason. It is the fault of the great dictator in the governors office, not theirs. You are also coming off stupid because you are talking about 2 different states and governors.