OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help me choose a 20 gauge

Started by Pluffmud, June 09, 2020, 09:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Gebones on December 05, 2020, 08:39:43 AM
Looking for a 20 for my wife who is pretty short so youth size gun. Also she thinks my m2 20 kicks too hard. So want to go to a gas cycle gun. I was looking for a new Remington compact 11-87 but it seems they don't make them anymore? The reason I like the compact 11-87 is that it has a short LOP. I think it's about 12 with the ability to make it longer if necessary. Most other compacts have a 13 1/4 inch LOP. Which is probably ok, but not sure because there are no guns in the stores to try out. What do you guys recommend for a sub 13 LOP that is a gas cycle automatic? barrel should probably be no shorter than 24 to keep the gun from bucking too hard also, right? Shorter guns kick harder which is a result of less weight, correct? Wife is 5'3" with an inside length from inside shoulder to middle of palm about 19 inches for that reach to support the barrel of the gun. She really has to extend her arm to hold up my M2 / 26 inch with a 14 1/4 LOP.
The Franchi Affinity Catalyst was designed with female shooters in mind. It might fit the bill. They make a 26" 20ga. Personally I've got a CZ 720 that I wouldn't trade for the world. They make a reduced length version of that with a 24" barrel and a 13" length of pull. I'd highly suggest at least holding one of those. Mine is the full length but it's run everything I've ever put through it and is absolute hell on a dove field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeymanjim

I have a benelli cordoba preformance shop 20. I also have a winchester sx3 longbeard 20. Both guns I have burris ff3 on them. Both guns I shoot sumtoy chokes, shoot federal tss #7. Both guns are 50 yard guns.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

captpete

Quote from: Gebones on December 05, 2020, 08:39:43 AM
Looking for a 20 for my wife who is pretty short so youth size gun. Also she thinks my m2 20 kicks too hard. So want to go to a gas cycle gun. I was looking for a new Remington compact 11-87 but it seems they don't make them anymore? The reason I like the compact 11-87 is that it has a short LOP. I think it's about 12 with the ability to make it longer if necessary. Most other compacts have a 13 1/4 inch LOP. Which is probably ok, but not sure because there are no guns in the stores to try out. What do you guys recommend for a sub 13 LOP that is a gas cycle automatic? barrel should probably be no shorter than 24 to keep the gun from bucking too hard also, right? Shorter guns kick harder which is a result of less weight, correct? Wife is 5'3" with an inside length from inside shoulder to middle of palm about 19 inches for that reach to support the barrel of the gun. She really has to extend her arm to hold up my M2 / 26 inch with a 14 1/4 LOP.

Check out the Mossberg Sa-20 Youth Bantam. 12.5" LOP and 24" barrel. Black synthetic model weighs in at roughly 5.5lbs. It is a light weigh soft shooting gun. I did replace the factory recoil pad with an after market pad. Also had it drilled & tapped, then mounted a Vortex Venom red dot on it. I did a DIY cheek riser out of foam(pipe insulation) and Vet wrap.

https://www.mossberg.com/product/mossberg-international-sa-20-youth-bantam-75770/