OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Brass Pot Call

Started by idgobble, June 14, 2020, 11:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idgobble

Had a guy telling me yesterday his favorite pot call was a brass surface.  He says it works better than anything else on pressured birds. Any suggestions about a good brass custom pot call maker?

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

letinmfly

Andy Kaiser makes a real good one.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

ChesterCopperpot

I really like Larry Gresser's at Prairie Game Calls: https://prairiecalls.com/brass_turkey_calls

I've also liked some of John Sinclair's. Couldn't go wrong with either of those makers.

idgobble

Thanks for the tips. I checked out the Sinclair and Prairie websites. Beautiful calls!  I really like two sided pot calls. I bet brass and slate would be a good combo.  That's my first choice but if I can't find one I'll go with the one sided. Any suggestions on two siders with brass? More suggestions on the one siders are welcome, too.

Sir-diealot

I do not believe I have ever seen a 2 sided pot with brass before.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bobk

Based on my experience Mike Yingling  and  John Sinclair both make deadly single side brass pot calls.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: idgobble on June 14, 2020, 01:30:23 PM
Thanks for the tips. I checked out the Sinclair and Prairie websites. Beautiful calls!  I really like two sided pot calls. I bet brass and slate would be a good combo.  That's my first choice but if I can't find one I'll go with the one sided. Any suggestions on two siders with brass? More suggestions on the one siders are welcome, too.

I don't know that I've ever seen a two sider brass. Don't know why you couldn't, but I don't make pots. I'd say you could contact Gresser and he'd make you one. He does a lot of really nice two siders. Go listen to some of the ceramic two siders he has on his site. I'd just shoot him an email or call him and tell him what you're wanting.

JLH

I just got a brass call from Charlie Helton....RCL calls.
He's on facebook.

Its as good as any I've heard!

He uses the frying pan copper and brass...don't know why, but I'm a fan of the pan!