only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

turkey chokes

Started by mxkriner, May 14, 2011, 01:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mxkriner

what is a good choke and shot for a 935 mossburg  for turkeys

davisd9

Pure Gold is one you hear about alot.  THe best in my opinion in a Star Dot, that is what I shoot, but they are hard to find.  I would love to find another as a backup.  Anything in the .670 to .675 range will do great with that overbored barrell.  Some others can pipe in that have tried more types with the 835/935.  Good luck.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Gobble!

Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Star Dot, Jelly Head, SumToy, and Rhino off the top of my head are some of the best chokes you can get

My top three are Indian Creek, Pure Gold, and SumToy based on their customer service and how well they shoot.

What shells do you plan on shooting?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: mxkriner on May 14, 2011, 01:24:46 PM
what is a good choke and shot for a 935 mossburg  for turkeys

Pure Gold, SSX and the Hevi-13 (a sleeper) turkey chokes have all delivered great results in my 935. I see the best patterns after I've "deep cleaned" the bore and with 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 or #7 shot.

You may of course prefer the 3.5" shells but I've just not found a need for them and the 3" will allow you to get back on target more quickly, if you ever need a second shot.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Roost Wrecker

In my 835 with win # 5 shot i shoot a truglo 670. And with Hevi Shot Mag blends I shoot a jelly head 690 which I really like and lean towards.

SR1

Jelly Head,Preston Pittman,Stardot,Pure Gold are all good chokes with this gun. I have gotten the best patterns for lead with Win Hv 2oz #5's. Then for htl shells I found the Hevi-13 2 1/4oz #7's to pattern very good. Deep clean the barrel also because I saw a big improvement in evening the pattern out.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

mmusso

You may want to shoot SumToy a PM. He makes a nice turkey choke.

fountain

yep..sumtoy.  he recently did some testing with the 935 i do beleive and had good results.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

you ain't going to go wrong with sumtoy...

mxkriner

my husband just got a hevishot turkey tube and went with the answers you gave us and he was Very Happy with the results thank you guys for all the suggestions

ILIKEHEVI-13

The best chokes I have found have been the Star Dot .676, Pure Gold .670, and TruGlo SSX .670.  For being the most consistent shooter, I would have to say the Star Dot is hard to beat.  Now I like shooting Hevi-13 #7 loads.  If you like shooting Hevi-13 #6 loads, I will tell you the MAD Max .680 is hard to beat. 

surehuntsalot

+ 100
on the Stardot choke
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Luke95

The best turkey chokes are in this order sumtoy, stardot because it is out of production, ant trulock.
Sumtoy Get Choked