turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Fan Mount Kit

Started by uk.turkey.hunter, April 15, 2020, 12:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk.turkey.hunter

Does anyone know where I can purchase a good turkey fan mount kit?

brittman

There are plenty of kits out there both on-line and in stores.   Some in-line kits offer the ability to attach or even etch a photo onto the plaque.   If you run a google search and look for taxidermy companies - you can find some interesting alternatives.

The biggest "trick" is to make sure you spread out the fan and dry / cure it properly.

WorkingBirds

I've been looking at the ones from Walnut Hollow Country, site says send a picture and info to be etched into a plaque and they'll take care of the rest.

MK M GOBL

I do a variety of mounting plaques (DIY's), do some custom work as well as engraving. Check out my page on FB, if interested shoot me a message.

FanAtic Turkey Displays

https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

Here's engraved and can do photos too ( Show up better on "light" wood)

MK M GOBL

g8rvet

Very nice!  You are an artist. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Magdump

Been using the Walnut Hollow Country display kit to document my journey toward a Super Slam.  (Turkey Mount Kit, Oak #046308402368).  Been very happy with them!  Very easy to use.  I get 'em from Cabelas.

I found an artist on Etsy who makes wooden puzzles and had him make me each state in 1/8" thick black walnut and I glue those on the center as I check a state off.  Problem is I am about to run out of wall space in my bedroom!

Here are a couple examples of what it looks like, maybe it will give you some ideas to do your own thing!

Muzzy61

Quote from: Magdump on April 16, 2020, 02:22:43 PM
Been using the Walnut Hollow Country display kit to document my journey toward a Super Slam.  (Turkey Mount Kit, Oak #046308402368).  Been very happy with them!  Very easy to use.  I get 'em from Cabelas.

I found an artist on Etsy who makes wooden puzzles and had him make me each state in 1/8" thick black walnut and I glue those on the center as I check a state off.  Problem is I am about to run out of wall space in my bedroom!

Here are a couple examples of what it looks like, maybe it will give you some ideas to do your own thing!

Those look great.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

wchadw

I like these. I can look up name of company if you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wchadw

Parker panels. They have a website

eddie234

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eddie12

Here are a few that I've done over the years.

Stoeger M3000

wchadw

Quote from: Eddie12 on April 17, 2020, 04:13:52 PM

I like the bottom one in first pic. Did you buy that? Or make it?

roberthyman14

Quote from: Eddie12 on April 17, 2020, 04:13:52 PM

How do you get the feet dried out so good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Eddie12

Here's a screen shot of the gentlemen on OG that I purchased that one from back in 2016. I don't know if he's still active on here or not but I love the barn wood look to it. The turkey feet I normally just stand up against something solid and then add some weight to keep them in the position I want until they dry which normally takes about 4-6 weeks. Hope this helps.

Stoeger M3000