OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Three and out in SC.

Started by DP42912, April 17, 2020, 07:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DP42912

#1 Afternoon hunt, setup in a small food plot that hasn't been planted yet, where I previously saw the bird while scouting. Struck the pot call one time he gobbled and died within five minutes, glad there not all that easy but way to break the ice.

#2 Bird killed in the morning, gobbled hard on the roost but gave me the runaround till 9:30 which was the reoccurring theme for me this year.
#3 Bird gobbled hard all morning, a hen cut me off and held him up till 9:30, got within a hundred yards of him and waited. Finally caught a glimpse of the hen and gobbler, they went there separate ways and he died within minutes after. Big headed heavy bird I was chasing for the last few days. Was over to quick this year, and 9:30 has always been my time to kill a bird, good luck this spring. [IM

DP42912

Finally figured out Tapatalk and got my pics posted lol.

ziggy

Good stuff, congrats!

I'm in SC and the birds have been quiet for the most part for me. Lots of sign, seen a good many jakes...so hopefully the population is doing better. Gonna get back after them in the morning before the rain gets here Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

1iagobblergetter

Sir-diealot

Congratulations. Bet you can't wait to get that youngster his first turkey!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

DP42912

Quote from: ziggy on April 17, 2020, 09:21:38 PM
Good stuff, congrats!

I'm in SC and the birds have been quiet for the most part for me. Lots of sign, seen a good many jakes...so hopefully the population is doing better. Gonna get back after them in the morning before the rain gets here Sunday

Hey thanks, heard and seen lots of turkeys this year, hopefully the recruitment will pick up, but I don't think the corona virus is going to help with all the hunters I've seen.
Good luck to ya, hope you kill one I the am!

DP42912

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 17, 2020, 09:34:18 PM
Thanks, I'm looking at guns for him now probably going with a 410 pump, any suggestions are appreciated.

gunboy203

Congrats on 3 fine birds!!!

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

ManfromGreenSwamp

Great pics!
Congratulations:)

"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Sir-diealot

Quote from: DP42912 on April 18, 2020, 07:33:50 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 17, 2020, 09:34:18 PM
Thanks, I'm looking at guns for him now probably going with a 410 pump, any suggestions are appreciated.
In all honesty I am not the one to be making suggestions outside of saying a .410 or 20 gauge, I do not have kids and have never been around any turkey hunting.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Pluffmud

I'm in SC and well. Great diversity of terrain. I love chasing gobblers in the hardwood bottoms with palm fronds. They've been quiet for me too. Killed one real easy opening day, had a hard time until I finally killed one off the roost last Saturday, and the good Lord knows I'm trying to finish... I had a gobbler in the field two hours ago, but he just frankly wasn't interested. Gotta keep grinding!
Psalm 46:10

DP42912

Quote from: Pluffmud on April 18, 2020, 06:38:37 PM
I'm in SC and well. Great diversity of terrain. I love chasing gobblers in the hardwood bottoms with palm fronds. They've been quiet for me too. Killed one real easy opening day, had a hard time until I finally killed one off the roost last Saturday, and the good Lord knows I'm trying to finish... I had a gobbler in the field two hours ago, but he just frankly wasn't interested. Gotta keep grinding!
Good deal, keep after them and good luck on that last one!

Yoteduster

Congrats on 3 really nice birds