turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally got my Roberts Bronze Glass

Started by Tom007, April 15, 2020, 06:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I have been looking for a Brad Roberts Bronzed Glass, and finally landed one. It is a Blue Mahoe beauty. Got it from a forum member. It sounds as good as it looks, will be in the vest opening day with a Roberts slate and aluminum.....be safe...
"Solo hunter"

ManfromGreenSwamp

That IS a beautiful call!
What is the soundboard?
What striker wood does he pair it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Tom007

Aluminum soundboard. Plays great with Stuckey Mac Ebony, and Sinclair Snakewood. I have a Frogwood and Granadillo coming from JLH. Will pair them, see what sounds best...thanks....
"Solo hunter"

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Tom007 on April 15, 2020, 07:06:30 AM
Aluminum soundboard. Plays great with Stuckey Mac Ebony, and Sinclair Snakewood. I have a Frogwood and Granadillo coming from JLH. Will pair them, see what sounds best...thanks....

Mine sings with the stucky macassar. Probably the best sounding glass and striker I have.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

ManfromGreenSwamp

I run mostly calls like this crystal or glass over __________. I've been using either the stock strikers or the Halloran IPE which all sound okay.

What wood choice would you guys say sounds best on a crystal or glass surface in a one piece striker?

Sorry if this is saw as a thread high jack

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Tom007

I talked to Jeff at JLH. I ordered a Frogwood, and Granadillo. He said the Granadillo would be great on crystal or glass. The Frogwood he said is great on anything.. taking his and the forums advice on this. The forum was mentioning the Frogwood a lot....they should be here tomorrow. Will give feedback.....
"Solo hunter"

ManfromGreenSwamp

Quote from: Tom007 on April 15, 2020, 03:54:57 PM
I talked to Jeff at JLH. I ordered a Frogwood, and Granadillo. He said the Granadillo would be great on crystal or glass. The Frogwood he said is great on anything.. taking his and the forums advice on this. The forum was mentioning the Frogwood a lot....they should be here tomorrow. Will give feedback.....
Awesome, Thanks man!

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Happy hooker

When I got my bronzed glass directly from Brad,,he recommended his one piece ebony striker.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

His calls are some of the best .. congrats ..

HookedonHooks

As good as they come right there. A JLH Frogwood or nice Mac Ebony from your preferred striker maker will absolutely make it sing.

Tom007

Great feedback, thanks my friends.....
"Solo hunter"