OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Vest Feedback-If Interested...

Started by Gobble Nole, April 14, 2020, 11:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble Nole

I wanted to take a minute to talk about the new Knight and Hale R&G 300 I bought last week.  I really like the vest after hunting with it this morning and I believe that it meets and exceeds my expectations thus far.  It is important to understand that it is a strap style minimalist vest and is designed to not be in the way when navigating the woods.  My favorite part is the pot/striker storage and the way the seat is adjustable/navigable when moving.  The vest is made in the USA and I could not be happier with it as all aspects appear to be well made.  BTW, came with a made in the USA sticker.   

Last week my Primos Rocker vest literally fell apart, completely came apart at the seems and thats after me trying to doctor it up with power pro bootleg sew jobs in the living room.  Needless to say I was very disappointed as the vest was less than two years old, was expensive, and I actually like the idea of the stadium style seat. 

Anyway, this experience has turned me off of Primos products due to their apparent quality issues. 

Sir-diealot

Just wondering if you mean the RNG-200 the GNG-300 in not a minimalist vest at all. In my opinion anyway. I know the RNG-200 is though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bigriverbum

i hunted mine this weekend for the 1st time. i need to spend some time and adjust the straps better. i have a huge chest and smaller waist and had trouble seeing the pockets. i was too busy helping out and being safe with my 9 year old nephew to trouble myself with it

we put on at least 6 miles in extremely rugged terrain. i love the seat. put a camelback in it which is nice(although it was in the 30s in the morning, no huge need for water lol) the pot call holders are so small the strap isn't really necessary(the top one on mine is already about to brea) my favorite pockets are the vertical pockets on the inside and outside of each side of the chest panels

i carried 2 liters of water in a camelback type pouch, the included decoy/dead bird sling,  ear muffs, and a small filming camera in the backpack.

2 pots, 5 strikers, gloves, facemask, spring creek box call, hawk call, vortex monocular, and camo paint tubes on the left side.

red dot sight lens cover, crow call, owl call, chalk, call conditioning kit, smokes, lighter and cell phone on the right side

it was heavy lol, but the most comfortable heavy vest i can see possible. the seat is so easy. no magnets to let it constantly fall off.  loosen 2 straps, flip seat down, sit. stand up, flip seat back over, tighten straps. simple effective. thick and comfy too

bigriverbum

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 14, 2020, 11:38:56 PM
Just wondering if you mean the RNG-200 the GNG-300 in not a minimalist vest at all. In my opinion anyway. I know the RNG-200 is though.

it's not really minimalist in potential carrying ability, but is in the way it fits and the amount of material there is covering your body

turkey_slayer

I love mine so much I bought 2 extras. For me, it's almost the perfect vest. I just carry mouth call and a friction so don't need a lot of room. I'm a hydration bladder user and that's what sold me on it plus the little backpack holds all my extras

blake_08

It's my favorite vest I've tried to date. I'll hunt with mine for the first time on Saturday but as of now I can't find anything that I dont like about the vest.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

FL-Boss

Quote from: turkey_slayer on April 15, 2020, 06:26:42 AM
I love mine so much I bought 2 extras. For me, it's almost the perfect vest. I just carry mouth call and a friction so don't need a lot of room. I'm a hydration bladder user and that's what sold me on it plus the little backpack holds all my extras

I did the same thing. I tried every vest under the moon over the last 2 years. Love the RNG 300. Actually fits normal sized guys.  Not that durable..but it's quiet as a mouse.  Generally for vests that has really strong durability, it means it's made of a poly material that is likely noisy as hell.  Pick your poison.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 15, 2020, 08:53:29 AM
Quote from: turkey_slayer on April 15, 2020, 06:26:42 AM

I did the same thing. I tried every vest under the moon over the last 2 years. Love the RNG 300. Actually fits normal sized guys.  Not that durable..but it's quiet as a mouse.  Generally for vests that has really strong durability, it means it's made of a poly material that is likely noisy as hell.  Pick your poison.
Agree. I'm a little fellow and it has plenty of adjustment

Gobble Nole

When I called the vest strap style or a minimalist vest I meant it as the style.  For example, I have an older Super Elite vest that is more like a big shirt instead of straps. 

The point of that comment is that this strap style vest does not get too hot here in Florida and still carries all the necessities that I want in the woods. 

As I have said before, I like it. 

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Gobble Nole on April 14, 2020, 11:30:42 PM
I wanted to take a minute to talk about the new Knight and Hale R&G 300 I bought last week.  I really like the vest after hunting with it this morning and I believe that it meets and exceeds my expectations thus far.  It is important to understand that it is a strap style minimalist vest and is designed to not be in the way when navigating the woods.  My favorite part is the pot/striker storage and the way the seat is adjustable/navigable when moving.  The vest is made in the USA and I could not be happier with it as all aspects appear to be well made.  BTW, came with a made in the USA sticker.   

Last week my Primos Rocker vest literally fell apart, completely came apart at the seems and thats after me trying to doctor it up with power pro bootleg sew jobs in the living room.  Needless to say I was very disappointed as the vest was less than two years old, was expensive, and I actually like the idea of the stadium style seat. 

Anyway, this experience has turned me off of Primos products due to their apparent quality issues.

I loved the Primos rocker style and set up but it also fell apart on me after about 20 hunts, there manufacturing was atrocious the stitching was more fragile then pocket lint, I have a RG300 as well and like but i wish I could have a hybrid the of the two with a stadium seat and minimalist unobtrusive front vest.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bagg-it Tag-it

That is a good looking vest. If you actually use the backpack to store a hydration bladder....do you have room for anything else in there? Also, I currently have the Cabela's Tactical Tatr....the THING I keep using that vest for is the thick seat. The Knight and Hale seat looks pretty thick but is it as comfortable as the Tatr?

mmorgan9812

Quote from: Bagg-it Tag-it on April 15, 2020, 05:17:55 PM
That is a good looking vest. If you actually use the backpack to store a hydration bladder....do you have room for anything else in there? Also, I currently have the Cabela's Tactical Tatr....the THING I keep using that vest for is the thick seat. The Knight and Hale seat looks pretty thick but is it as comfortable as the Tatr?
Yes there is plenty of room for sandwiches and what ever else you want to store. I use mine all the time with bladder

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bagg-it Tag-it

Quote from: mmorgan9812 on April 15, 2020, 05:19:53 PM
Yes there is plenty of room for sandwiches and what ever else you want to store. I use mine all the time with bladder

Thanks for responding....hows the seat?

mmorgan9812

Quote from: Bagg-it Tag-it on April 15, 2020, 05:34:48 PM
Quote from: mmorgan9812 on April 15, 2020, 05:19:53 PM

Thanks for responding....hows the seat?
Great I think. It is a little thick but I have sat for awhile in it and no issues. The Knight and Hale vest are hands down awesome

Tail Feathers

Glad you found a winner. 
My Primos Rocker didn't make four hunts before the top of the backrest popped thru.  Junk. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!