OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington trigger spring kit

Started by 2eagles, April 14, 2020, 03:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

I saw a YouTube video that claimed to vastly improve tigger pull on many Remington firearms. The trigger pull on my new 870 Compact was heavy so I ordered a new spring from M*carbo for about $15. I was really impressed what difference a spring makes. They say it decreases pull by about 2 pounds. I recommend this if you're not happy with your Remington. Simple swap out takes less than 10 minutes.

Ozarks Hillbilly

Good to know I have Timney's in several of mine but they are a little more than $15.

Gobspur

I need to do this.  I got an mcarbo for my 6.5 creedmoor and really like it.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

schief

Ordered 2. One for Rem. 870 20ga and 1187 12ga

Spurs Up

I have Mcarbo spring kits in no fewer than 4 of my guns. I've been generally pleased but was least impressed with it in my 870. The trigger is still a little heavy and with lots of creep. If you're willing to put up with it, fine. If not, fork over $100 for the Timney kit or taking it to a smith.

Fl strutter

I have timney kits in all my remingtons and love them. Well worth the money to me.

Borsy

For me the Mcarbos were a bit lighter in my 870s, but didnt take out the creep. I put Timneys in a few seasons ago and love them. IMO worth the money for a gun that's being shot like a rifle.