OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What kind of binoculars do you carry?

Started by kytrkyhntr, April 09, 2020, 07:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

I use a pair of Vortex Talon HD 10x42's or Nikon PS7's 8x42's for scouting. Actual hunting I might carry a pair of older Nikon PS 10x25's. Generally, I carry nothing while hunting. He either commits or he doesn't. The places I hunt locally don't require magnification. If I go back home, I'll bring something along. Typically the smaller of the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylongspur88

I just use my old range finder with 4x magnification.

Jbird22

Quote from: Tom007 on April 09, 2020, 08:55:13 AM
Swarovski 10x25 Habicht Pocket. Fantastic, light.
^^^ Those. And yes, they're awesome!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Zeiss 10x42 Terra ED's for turkey hunting
Swaro 10x42 SLC's for big game

If I'm doing anything outdoors I always have binoculars around me neck.  Quick access to good glass is incredibly important for collecting the information necessary to develop a solid strategy.

Jimspur

Bausch and Lomb 6x25 compacts. Weigh 11 oz.

wernerjd

Swarovski 10x42 for hunting
Vortex 10x42 in the truck

Tennessee Lead

I carry a Vortex Solo 10x25 monocular. Clear small and compact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High plains drifter

Leopold,  and I always use them. I like to scout a lot, and I also like to watch geese, and pheasant while I'm out there.

greencop01

Zeiss 10x50 they come in handy in a chest harness pack.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Stickbow98

I'm a Leica fan. Use the 10x25 compacts for Turkey hunting when I'm on the move. The 8x32's go when I plan on hunting out of a blind, although they're primarily my Deer glasses. My truck has a pair of the big 12x50's always handy for checking out any fields while I'm on the road.
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

WildTigerTrout

I carry a vintage pair of Nikon Mountaineer II 8x25  rubber armored compacts.  Clear as a bell and pretty small, so easy to carry.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

SOCOM304

Swaro EL 10x42 are with me on every hunt.

grayfox

I hunt woods so I very seldom carry them. When I do I use the Nikon ProStaff ATB Compact 8 x 25 Porro Prism binos. Really small, compact & very light.

turkey_picker

longbeards

Small Lecia and love them! Carried for 10 or more years.