News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Woods Snacks?!

Started by ManfromGreenSwamp, March 31, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigriverbum

Quote from: Bearcat1997 on March 31, 2020, 06:31:06 PM
Oatmeal creampies and beef sticks for me!

aww man i haven't had an oatmeal creampie in like 15 years. forgot about them.  i'd take a whole box of those with me as a kid

hotspur

Trail mix , oranges, jerky, and I am always eating black Berry's , dew berries

roberthyman14

Cliff bars and water are in my vest.   On the dash board getting warm is a little debbie honey bun

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Brwndg

Pop Tarts. Any flavor as long as it's cherry, blueberry, or raspberry
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

mtns2hunt

I remember my Dad eating those Vienna sausages. I never could enjoy them. As for me, as a kid, it was Moon pies. These days I like Apples, oranges preferably tangerines, granola bars, even those that have laid in the truck since last season as I am usually real late and hungry getting out of the woods. Trail mix and PJ are standard.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Gobbler428

Trader Joe's Cereal Bars, usually either Blueberry or Apple for breakfast, Boars Head Cajun Turkey Sandwich for lunch and cheese crackers for a snack. Sometimes I'll throw in an apple just in case.

Gooserbat

Apple , sunflower seeds, peanuts bottle of water
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

hotspur

Quote from: roberthyman14 on March 31, 2020, 08:11:04 PM
Cliff bars and water are in my vest.   On the dash board getting warm is a little debbie honey bun

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
cool Ilove me some honey buns

LaLongbeard

Couple granola bars and water I can hunt daylight to dark, I never been much for eating while I'm hunting turkeys.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

rakkin6

Usually some combination of deer jerky, trail mix,  peanut butter sandwich, fruit and protein bars

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

TauntoHawk

Cliff bars, coffee, maybe a pb&j back at the truck.

I run a long time on coffee and water

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kytomgetter

Definitely Vienna sausage or potted meat, little debbies, cookies, Lance PB crackers, water or Gatorade.

Jester87

Quote from: yelpy on March 31, 2020, 06:28:23 PM
Bottled water or Gatorade. Everything else is more added weight and grounds for a #2.

Marshmallows. They dont weigh much and if you eat enough of em you wont have to #2 for days. I found out the "hard" way...

Muzzy61

Trail mix, jerky and lots of water
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tunaguy

Granola bars, jerky, a ham sandwich and bottled water. If things are slow its the highlight of the day.
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx