turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need new boots!

Started by Mossberg90MN, March 30, 2020, 09:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg90MN

Well... I have a slight dilemma. I have Lacrosse Grange knee high boots, and I like that they are pretty quiet for walking in the woods. A lighter boot. Good fit too.

Here's the issue... as everyone knows! They make my feet sweat like mad! Anything in the boots sweats! My pants come out of there soaked like they got wet, socks and all. But I'm torn because I like that they slip right on, I like that I can tuck my pants into my boot (ticks,mud,bugs, etc...) and it's nice to not be held up by water or mud.

So what rubber boots are you guys using? Or is this always going to happen with rubber boots? I've read about the alpha burlies... just not sure if they're actually better.

I don't want wear my pants over my boots, I want to be able to go through some shallow water or mud, it's also nice to be able to just slip my boot on.

Am I asking for a magical boot here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Neoprene on the top may be marginally better but I doubt it will help in turkey season temps.  I wear hiking boots and gators often, have been for years, I hate rubber boots!

TauntoHawk

I like a good light hiker and gaiters

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

turkey_picker

Lacross makes an unisulated rubber snake boot that is a good boot.

StruttinGobbler3

Lacrosse makes a nice rubber snake boot, I still have a pair. I prefer my Danner Sharptail snake boots, more comfortable and lighter. They're extremely water resistant as well. I wouldn't stand in the water for several minutes with them, but crossing small creeks and swampy areas your feet stay dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

lmbunch69

I like my mucks pretty well. When it gets real hot I just roll the top down on itself. For me it's less about the boots and more about the socks to keep from sweating. The Nike dri fits work real good.

Mossberg90MN

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll take a look at these!

gaswamp

lacrosse Alpha burley lites are nice and comfy but they won't hold up if you hike a good bit

Mossberg90MN

I think I'm gonna go with the LaCrosse AlphaBurly pros.

I was checking them out at the store and it seems like the non insulated ones might be the best of both worlds for me. Yes it's still a rubber boot, but I feel that my grange ones make my feet sweat more because it can't breathe at all.

The layers inside the AlphaBurlys supposedly help with moisture.

Prohunter3509

Get some Russell mocassins and be done with it
Best boots I ever owned wish I had known of them years ago

High plains drifter

I like Wolverine boots.Not too spendy, and very comfy.

ManfromGreenSwamp

All rubber 16-1&" "knee high" boots will make your feet sweat. If this is your haggle, I suggest going leather.
Rocky Boots makes several nice waterproof boots and a knee high, lace up, snake boot that you can slip in with pants tucked.

"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

ManfromGreenSwamp

Apparently there's a sale on them now with a pair of free pants for $119 @ rocky.com

"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

1iagobblergetter

I use cheap $30 rubber chore boots. They don't fit as snug at the ankle and I usually buy them a size larger so air circulates a little.

mhamby

I wear the Lacrosse Alpha Snake Boots and have grown quite fond of them. My feet sweat heavily regardless of footwear, so I try to wear a sock that wicks moisture. Rubber isn't very breathable, so there lies the problem. Just make sure that you don't wear cotton socks. It's a little bothersome in warmer weather, but it's better than having wet feet.
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.