turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Wild Game to Eat??

Started by Tetelestai, March 29, 2020, 02:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I like quail and any pheasant best. Rabbit and squirrel are also top contenders. As far as fish , I love bream fried whole.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

bigriverbum

brook trout
wood duck
canvasback
venison chops
flathead
smoked turkey
brown trout with pink/orange flesh
rabbit

Loyalist84

Moose and fresh cold-water Walleye for me, with smoked whitetail and marinated wild Turkey as close seconds.

Tom007

Amen my friend. Throw in a little cold water perch.....
"Solo hunter"

Harty

I love all wild game and feel blessed to have been brought up eating it often. But deep fried perch and medallion venison backstraps sauteed in a black cast iron pan are to die for.

kyturkeyhunter4

Bearcat1997

For me, the list goes:
Elk
Deer
Catfish
Crappie

NCL

For me it would have to be elk. Would rather eat elk than any other meat. With that said they are all good just in varying degrees

jonhaga

Jester87

Red meat: #1 cow elk, havent bought beef in a long time. Bear is a close 2nd. I jerky my muleys.
Fish: trout, catfish
Birds: turkey, quail

falltoms

Turkey and venison are my favorite. I have ate all kinds of wild game. I have ate bobcat and mountain lion loin also and they were delicious

Yoteduster

Elk is #1 for me then turkey and deer

DP42912

Deer backstraps marinated and fried.

MDSTRUTNRUT

Axis backstrap only had once but would say best venison I've had.  Close second Maryland Sika loin.
Bacon wrapped Texas hog (sow or small boar) marinated in teriyaki and grilled or broiled aint far behind.
Fish would say fried fresh self caught flounder breaded in House Autry  seafood breader is tops for us
Maryland homemade crabcakes is  tops for any important celebration at our house.

briton

Dove breast!!:  filleted off the breast, brined in sugar salt water, pineapple tidbit with jalapeño cream cheese (dice jals mix in cc) wrapped in half piece thin bacon. Put on smoker about 30 45 mins. Da best!
Next would be fried turkey sliced thin strips in a cast Iron skillet with a healthy amount of bacon grease mixed with oil to fry them crisp.