Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Springtime hobbies (besides turkey hunting)

Started by Big Guy, March 26, 2020, 05:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut N Run

I do some flintknapping (make stone arrowheads & spearpoints), fish for Crappie from my kayak, edit underwater pictures from dive trips (when the weather's bad).

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Jbird22

Aside from turkey hunting, crappie fishing and running trotlines for catfish are my favorite things to do this time of year.

Timmer

We bought land that used to be a farm.  We plant hundreds of trees per year, and right now are in the middle of a 3 year plan of turning corn/soybean fields into grassland.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Bearcat1997

If I get the time, I like to arrowhead hunt and mushroom hunt.

Mountainburd

I'm in a hunt until noon state only the first half of season.

1. Plant vegetable garden

2. Trout fish

3. Morel hunting

4. Walk my dog

5. Cut firewood

ManfromGreenSwamp

Deer-all weapon seasons
Bass, Red fish and snook
Artifacts
Any water activities
Work

Not necessarily in that order, but work always should be on the bottom of the list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Southernson13

Trading on timber. Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Harty

Fishing,deer,rabbit,waterfowl hunting. Running and training Beagles. Biking,hiking,yardwork. Enjoying family and retirement

tlh2865

I have an apple orchard of 35 trees that gets my TLC in early spring. Makes for some beautiful mornings working birds on a spring morning when the apples are in bloom.

camotoe

Shooting my long bow , building wood arrows. Breaking wood arrows . Repeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bear hunter

trout fishing and playing with my children.

Sixes

Fish some, but our season is fairly long so most of my spring is hunting. I used to love looking for arrowheads but it's very difficult to find any place to look these days.

Tetelestai

Love fishing. We have about a 10 acre pond. When I finished hunting today, I put the kayak in the pond and after a couple hours had 23 in the yak. Great day.

TauntoHawk

Is trail running a hobby or just exercise?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tomfoolery

Quote from: renegade19 on March 27, 2020, 12:39:25 PM
Crappie fishing!  A lot.
This!! Only problem is it takes time away from my scouting. And this year my sacalait fishing hasn't been great. Hopefully the turkeys will make up for it!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk