OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Springtime hobbies (besides turkey hunting)

Started by Big Guy, March 26, 2020, 05:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Besides work..Pull my RoadGlide out to wash it and put the cover back on it for next year. I call it my garage ornament.
Would like to get back into a little trout fishing if time permits.
Sight guns in with my son. That's about it.

Happy hooker

musky fishing I have well over 700 lures,,steelhead fishing that I only have to use yarn for.

clavette

Bass fishing is my second passion, also I like to go to the forest to gather mushrooms if I can find some extra time. It's very relaxing for me.

hotspur

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: Bowguy on March 26, 2020, 09:00:28 PM
Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on March 26, 2020, 07:51:25 PM
Wait a minute. Are you guys saying there are other things you can actually do in spring besides turkey hunting??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea In some states you only get til noon. You can run dogs, mushroom hunt, shoot your bow or gun, make arrows or shells/bullets, fish, take a nap, whatever til it's time to roost one for tomo.
Aha. Makes sense now. In Georgia we can hunt all day. So on my days off I generally hunt from daylight until 12-1pm, take a break, then go back around 4-5 until dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Happy

Between coaching baseball, fishing, picking and pickling ramps, home projects and working out. I have plenty to do. Kinda enjoying the lack of baseball at the moment.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

eggshell

A lot of the same things as everybody else. I just started a new blog to try and give some of my friends a little reading diversion. I'm not real skilled at this blogging, but here's the link if you want to look

https://woodswaterandword.wordpress.com/

GobbleNut

Quote from: eggshell on March 27, 2020, 10:20:09 AM
A lot of the same things as everybody else. I just started a new blog to try and give some of my friends a little reading diversion. I'm not real skilled at this blogging, but here's the link if you want to look

https://woodswaterandword.wordpress.com/

Very cool, Dana! ...And a great idea, my friend!  Hope you get lots of activity on your site. 

Personally, I used to be an avid springtime fisherman, but turkey hunting and things related to it have kind of taken over.  Besides going hunting or researching plans for it, I do a little turkey taxidermy, make some calls, and such,...and spend way too much time here. From the beginning of March through May, turkeys,...in some form or another,... are about it for me!

blake_08

Fishing of all kinds, Morel Mushroom hunting, and I'm starting to dabble in metal detecting and relic hunting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

zelmo1

1) Scouting for turkeys
2) Planning turkey hunts
3) Making turkey calls
4) Testing turkey calls
5) Prepping turkey hunting gear
6) Loading TSS for Turkey Hunting
7) Patterning Turkey Guns
8) Fishing( on a weak moment)  :funnyturkey:

bigriverbum

NCL

Last of winter steelheading on the swing start of trout on a spey rod some fly tying

renegade19

g8rvet

Normally I squeeze in as much redfish action as soon as the creeks warm up (had a few blast and cast days over the years). But I am building some of the furniture for my new house, so that is taking up more of my time and fishing is on a back burner.  Fortunately, the furniture building is nearly as much fun as the fishing to me.  So once turkey is over, I can squeeze in a fishing trip or 10. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Loyalist84

This year it will probably be more papers for college with some wild garlic picking thrown in, but with any luck I can be throwing pike streamers and swinging for Atlantic salmon right in time for the balmy weather to roll in.