OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Springtime hobbies (besides turkey hunting)

Started by Big Guy, March 26, 2020, 05:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Guy

I discovered I love gardening.  Was just in the yard looking at what was returning.   Some of the herbs.  Thyme, chives, sage starting to come back.  Strawberries and rhubarb sprouting through the ground.  Waiting for the asparagus to return.   Bought a house last year and didn't realize previous owners planted asparagus.   By the time I realized that it was too late so just let them go to seed.  Not going to happen this year!

Probably buy some starter tomato plants in next few weeks.  Not sure what else I'll plant.  Cucumbers, maybe some beans or peppers.

LaLongbeard

No other hobbies. If I'm lucky I get 4-5 hours sleep a day. No time for anything else during turkey season  including work !
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

fallhnt

Bowfishing and mtn biker

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

RED NECK

I bow hunt bears from May 1-June 15th in the evening till dark after turkey hunting during the day from April 25- May 31.

Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tom007

Musky, hybrid stripper, and walleye fishing all summer long..... :blob10:
"Solo hunter"

mtns2hunt

Still Coyote hunting, trout fishing, working on my boat, cutting firewood and GROWING TOMATOES. Not to mention the honey do list although I do not call this a hobby. :emoticon-cartoon-012:
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

HookedonHooks

Morel mushroom hunting.

Fired up with turkey nuggets, can't make a better meal.

Old Timer

Trout and perch fishing. Leek and mushroom hunting.

bobk

Trout Fishing and mushroom hunting.

Greg Massey

StruttinGobbler3

Wait a minute. Are you guys saying there are other things you can actually do in spring besides turkey hunting??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Gooserbat

I used to garden but now I build turkey calls.   I pick morels.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

kyturkeyhunter4

Bowguy

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on March 26, 2020, 07:51:25 PM
Wait a minute. Are you guys saying there are other things you can actually do in spring besides turkey hunting??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea In some states you only get til noon. You can run dogs, mushroom hunt, shoot your bow or gun, make arrows or shells/bullets, fish, take a nap, whatever til it's time to roost one for tomo.