turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional for 5/12/2011

Started by Roostem33, May 11, 2011, 11:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. (Psalms 56:8

Scientists now tell us that we never forget anything. It is estimated that in a lifetime, the human brain can store one million billion bits of information. I have a hard time believing that, because it seems like I forget a lot. Yet there have been times when certain things have triggered memories that go back so many years, and I am surprised that I can still remember them so vividly.
God remembers everything—at all times. There is never a lapse in His memory. He never forgets someone. God is omniscient, which means He knows everything. God's knowledge is as eternal as He is. What God knows now, He has always known and always will know. God doesn't learn new things; He knows them from the beginning. And He doesn't forget what He has learned like we do. We learn new things, but God never does.

The Bible says that God knows about every little bird that falls to the ground. And not only that, He knows about you. Jesus said, "The very hairs on your head are all numbered" (Matthew 10:30)

This awesome God who created the universe is interested in you. What bothers you? What concerns you? What brings heartache to you? What brings tears to your eyes? It is of concern to God. So whatever you are facing right now, He knows about it. He is concerned about it. He is aware of the wrongs that are done in our world today. Nothing catches Him by surprise, because He dwells in the eternal realm. He knows the end from the beginning. This all-knowing God loves us. And He welcomes us into fellowship with Him.

Have a Blessed week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

Thanks, Jody.  Very comforting words.

mmims

Roost Wrecker

That is so very true!
Thank you roostem33!

BOFF

Thank you Jody!!

What an awesome God we serve!!

God Bless,
David B.

pappy

Scientists now tell us that we never forget anything. It is estimated that in a lifetime, the human brain can store one million billion bits of information. I have a hard time believing that, because it seems like I forget a lot.
It is good to know that I don't have to rely on my memory....much less try to remember the needs of an entire world of people!!!!
My wife keeps 99% of mine for me and God...well, you said it in your devotional Jody, God remembers everything—at all times.
Well put my friend, pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206