OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

We got it done on opening day in SC!!!

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 25, 2020, 01:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

Opening day double (me and hunting buddy) here in SC.

deerbasshunter3

Finally figured out how to post a photo (had to resize it), although not sure why it is rotated...

Anywho, it was a fun experience. After not hearing a single gobble, we started walking and calling. We were about to make our way around to a field when I heard the faintest of a gobble. We called again and it was louder, but still sounded as if it were down in the swamp. We eased down the road and around a turn to the edge of a field, when my buddy immediately ducked down and told me to get setup on the closest tree. He said all he saw were two white heads on the corner of the field, and the he does not know how they did not see us. We quickly got sat down against a tree and called again, one of the gobblers hammered off! Next thing we knew, two hens were leading two gobblers around the turn and down the road to us (about 25 yards away at this point). I had about a six inch opening that I could shoot, and as soon as the first gobbler steeped into that opening, BOOM!!!

The second gobbler jumped up and ran around for a second, but came right back. He soon realized that something was up and started moving off to our right... BOOM! My buddy laid him down.

It started off very slow but quickly turned into about as good of an opening day as one could ask for.

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gobbler428

Congratulations on two good longbeards, I'm just waiting on opening day in Game Zone 2.

Greg Massey

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Pluffmud

Psalm 46:10

Harty

Congrats!yup, things can change quickly

Yoteduster

ManfromGreenSwamp

Great work !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a good hunt!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

g8rvet

Nice work.  Way to keep alert!  Ended with a double.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

NCL

Congratulations and thanks for the story

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!