OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strikers

Started by wvmntnhick, March 20, 2020, 06:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Anyone tell me who made the snakewood?  Ones a Larry G. Ones a Harrison I think. One appears to be a Sinclair. No clue on others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

The one next to the snakewood looks very much like a Stuckey to me. Here are two Stukey's to compare shape to. Name of wood should be printed on the striker, but that one is pretty dark. Edit: Just noticed the far left may be as well, but I am not sure on that one. Should also have wood written on it.

IMG_0774 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

wvmntnhick

It is a stuckey. You are correct. Gentlemen just responded. He's no clue on the snakewood or far left.

wvmntnhick

Unless far left is stuckey too and I believe it is.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 20, 2020, 06:38:36 PM
Unless far left is stuckey too and I believe it is.

Yes I think it is as well, I edited my comment to say that but it must have been missed. What is the wood on far left?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

wvmntnhick

Won't know until it gets here. Got them on eBay. Someone gimme a guess as to what they're value might be?

Greg Massey

Looks like hickory on the far left ..

Greg Massey

Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 20, 2020, 06:45:39 PM
Won't know until it gets here. Got them on eBay. Someone gimme a guess as to what they're value might be?

I'm guessing lest than 120 dollars for them all if your buying them form the builder of the strikers. But wood type does make some difference. Snakewood is the higher of them in cost regardless. The snakewood has lot's of figure in the wood , which makes it higher in cost.

jamo

snakewood looks like a corder, if its not its real close.

Sir-diealot

I think the really dark Stuckey is Macassar-Ebony

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Macassar-Ebony-Turkey-Call-Striker/274270880321?hash=item3fdbd18241:g:HtsAAOSwi0RXy1uE

I disagree with Greg on the other, I think it is and please forgive my spelling Bocote, the one I pictured above is Hickory and I have another hickory from him and they do not look that dark. Edit: I magnified the picture, I am pretty sure I see ze the a covered br then see an A again, so now I will say Zebrawood.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 20, 2020, 06:59:52 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Macassar-Ebony-Turkey-Call-Striker/274270880321?hash=item3fdbd18241:g:HtsAAOSwi0RXy1uE

I disagree with Greg on the other, I think it is and please forgive my spelling Bocote, the one I pictured above is Hickory and I have another hickory from him and they do not look that dark.
I'm thinking spatted hickory, but i could be wrong. It doesn't have a lot of grain either way. Center Bocote would have lot darker grain , but it could have lot sap wood in the striker.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 20, 2020, 07:06:04 PM

I disagree with Greg on the other, I think it is and please forgive my spelling Bocote, the one I pictured above is Hickory and I have another hickory from him and they do not look that dark.
I'm thinking spatted hickory, but i could be wrong.
I made and edit to my above statement, I think we were both wrong and it is zebra wood, look at the picture I added.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 20, 2020, 07:08:13 PM

I made and edit to my above statement, I think we were both wrong and it is zebra wood, look at the picture I added.
Possibly

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 20, 2020, 07:14:30 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 20, 2020, 07:08:13 PM

Possibly

Sherlock Holmes "Mystery of the Mysterious Striker" Coming to you in paperback next week!

John Koenig:

Sixes