OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The right Scope Mounts for the powerful 3.5 inch Load

Started by Tom007, March 18, 2020, 09:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Wanted to share this thread of info I learned setting up my Super Black Eagle with new Optics. The recoil of the 3.5 inch shell mandates an extremely solid set of scope rings. The first ones I tried failed They were a higher end Rifle set of rings. They loosened up time and time again with the 1200, 1300 FPS shells, even with lock tight. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. Research on rings and a strong recommendation by our local sport shop saved the day. They recommended Burris Extreme Tactical Scope rings. I went with medium height due to the bell on my scope. These rings are fantastic, you can see how solid from the pictures. The rings have 6 screws in each ring in lieu of the normal 4. The bolts that hold each ring to the base are 3/8, with half inch hex nuts tightening them. The result, they work, they do not loosen. Sighted in with 3.5 Fed Heavyweight number 6 shot. The gun patterns great with Rob Roberts 660 non-ported choke. Mission accomplished. I highly recommend these rings for these situations. Thanks, be safe.....
"Solo hunter"