turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

24 or 26 inch barrel 20gauge

Started by RiverRoost, March 03, 2020, 09:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

If going to make the move to a 20 gauge semi, I'm debating between a sx4 and an M2. Which barrel length would you rather have in either guns, 24 or 26 inch?

dirt road ninja

Greg Massey

I like 21 the best or 24 ... your going to gain little more length with the tube you choose ..

Elmerfudd

I had a 24" on my Affinity 20 and now a 26" on my M2. Never noticed any difference. In my experience both 12s and 20s, I got better pattern performance out of 24" plus barrels. Results for others may vary. Barrel length never handicapped me in the woods and I like the muzzle blast a bit further away from my ears. Sumtoy chokes are short so I don't have an extra 2" screwed in the end. Think you will be happy with either length. With the M2 20, I think 24 is as short as you can go.

RiverRoost

Quote from: Elmerfudd on March 03, 2020, 11:33:29 PM
I had a 24" on my Affinity 20 and now a 26" on my M2. Never noticed any difference. In my experience both 12s and 20s, I got better pattern performance out of 24" plus barrels. Results for others may vary. Barrel length never handicapped me in the woods and I like the muzzle blast a bit further away from my ears. Sumtoy chokes are short so I don't have an extra 2" screwed in the end. Think you will be happy with either length. With the M2 20, I think 24 is as short as you can go.

I believe you're right. A hunting store not far from me "claims" they've got an exclusive on Sx4 with 24" tubes and bottomland drilled and tapped. Not sure if it's just their sales scheme but the guns do look sweet.

Tuffonturkeys

I have a m2 20 with a 26 inch barrel.. its light and nimble and a fun little gun to shoot.. I run and gun alot so it fits my style well.. I really wanted an m2 compact with a 24" but after playing around with both of them i decided to go with a full length stock and 26" barrel and theres really no difference in weight to me

scottprice

Quote from: RiverRoost on March 04, 2020, 09:28:59 AM
I believe you're right. A hunting store not far from me "claims" they've got an exclusive on Sx4 with 24" tubes and bottomland drilled and tapped. Not sure if it's just their sales scheme but the guns do look sweet.
what's the price tag

1iagobblergetter

If I was going to hunt Turkey's and that's all with it I'd get the 24in.

SOCOM304

I have the M2 with a 26" bbl, but wish it was a 24" model. It's still an awesome gun and swift handling. It's an all around use shotgun for anything a fella wants to chase. I've shot doves to ducks with mine and a few geese too. The Benelli gets my vote.

RiverRoost

Quote from: scottprice on March 07, 2020, 09:50:38 PM
Quote from: RiverRoost on March 04, 2020, 09:28:59 AM
what's the price tag

$899