OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2 Strikers From Jeff (JLH) Spalted Maple Hickory & Frogwood

Started by Sir-diealot, February 29, 2020, 10:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

2 Strikers From Jeff (JLH) First is Spalted Maple Hickory and the second is a Frogwood striker.

I should mention that Jeff went out of his way to make these strikers for me, I have a problem with thinner strikers because of a car accident I was in back in 88 & Jeff took the time to make these a wider diameter so that I do not have pain in my hands while using them. Thanks again Jeff.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Harty

I'm not surprised Jeff did that for you. Great guy and customer service . Excellent choices on the strikers as well.

sbbow

Good looking strikers Steve. Jeff is a top notch guy to deal with in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy hooker

Frogwood is so cool,,I wonder if he would make me a softball bat :you_rock:

yelpy

JLH

Quote from: Happy hooker on March 01, 2020, 01:29:26 PM

Absolutely!

But it will be 8" long....i can make one for everyone on the team for $30 ea!!

fishr64

Nice set you got there SD.

I've got to talk to Jeff about a Frogwood like that. It's always dangerous talking with him though.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Harty on March 01, 2020, 06:47:14 AM
I'm not surprised Jeff did that for you. Great guy and customer service . Excellent choices on the strikers as well.
Very easy to work with. He told me to be completely honest with him and I hate when somebody says that to me because often when I am completely honest they feel insulted which is not what I want to do. Jeff listened to what I had to say, worked the strikers perfectly based on another striker that I often use and made a similar but not the same dimension (He made them just a tad wider or they feel a tad wider anyway) and they really do work well for me.

Here are some others I have from him in the past. Hickory, Wenge and Honduran Rosewood. All 3 sound great as well.

IMG_0935 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_0931 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

Quote from: sbbow on March 01, 2020, 12:42:46 PM
Good looking strikers Steve. Jeff is a top notch guy to deal with in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, yes he is, nice both online and even nicer on the phone.

Quote from: Happy hooker on March 01, 2020, 01:29:26 PM

lol He may need a bigger lathe!

Quote from: fishr64 on March 01, 2020, 04:49:53 PM
Nice set you got there SD.

I've got to talk to Jeff about a Frogwood like that. It's always dangerous talking with him though.
You could end up with a lighter wallet for sure! Nice to talk with though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."