OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Spring special. $25 pots edit;

Started by Weathered-Branch, February 23, 2020, 03:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCbowjunkie

Bumping this up for Aaron. Guys if your looking for a great hunting call at an outstanding price. You can't go wrong getting one of his pots. They sound great and look good also. He has been taught well by Darrell Gibson on getting the best sound from a call.

Snoodsniper

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on February 26, 2020, 07:01:15 PM
Bumping this up for Aaron. Guys if your looking for a great hunting call at an outstanding price. You can't go wrong getting one of his pots. They sound great and look good also. He has been taught well by Darrell Gibson on getting the best sound from a call.
Aaron should check his PM's....

Weathered-Branch

I'm sorry if you feel I missed one of your messages, I have been checking my inbox frequently and thought I had seen and responded to all of the messages I've received. But if I missed one I'm sorry, I've been extremely busy with work, multiple bad life events and filling all of the orders I have gotten in the order in which I've received them.

Your call is next on the list btw, and I'll be working on it tonight and tomorrow. It will be ready to ship by the time my mail lady comes around on Saturday.
Don't underestimate how smart I can be, but don't underestimate how dumb I can be either...

Shady valley birds

Absolutely gorgeous pot! If he has any left buy 2!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Weathered-Branch on February 27, 2020, 12:01:50 PM
I'm sorry if you feel I missed one of your messages, I have been checking my inbox frequently and thought I had seen and responded to all of the messages I've received. But if I missed one I'm sorry, I've been extremely busy with work, multiple bad life events and filling all of the orders I have gotten in the order in which I've received them.

Your call is next on the list btw, and I'll be working on it tonight and tomorrow. It will be ready to ship by the time my mail lady comes around on Saturday.
I had responded that I would take one of the curly maple pots (assuming you still had the pots pictured for sale). If you're making me one then great! No harm, no foul... but you never responded stating that.

Snoodsniper

I also understand that life gets in the way.

Weathered-Branch

Oh now I understand the confusion. There actually weren't any curly maple pots finished or in the pics, those were actually the beginnings of Birdseye figuring and one plain maple. If you want one of those I can have that out tomorrow, actual curly maple I have plenty of but none of it turned so that will take another day
Don't underestimate how smart I can be, but don't underestimate how dumb I can be either...

Shady valley birds

After a day of fooling with the call I can say its probably the loudest slate iv owned.  But it also gets quiet. I feel like I stole this call for what he's selling them for. Thanks bud!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Weathered-Branch

I'm really glad you like it! Besides volume what do you think about the sound quality?

And yeah I am selling them pretty cheap, but I'm just starting out as a callmaker so I consider the lesser price a cost of business for trying to build a reputation. Would you believe I only started woodturning a year ago? Shoot I only learned how to make calls last March... but I have a helluva teacher and there are a lot of helpful people on here willing to help. And I make dental appliances in a high volume setting so I know how to really crank stuff out while paying serious attention to detail and maintaining high quality, so even at the lesser price I'm still making money, and right now every little bit helps even more than usual.

But I'm really excited to put my stuff in peoples hands and hear that they appreciate them, I don't usually get that at work and it gives me a sense of pride making these by hand, doing the best I can and having them turn out so well

I just ask one thing...
USE IT. These. Are tools meant to be used, not just sit on a shelf and look pretty. But who says tools can't be pretty too?

Weathered-Branch

Also did you notice how the bottom is concave?
That's on purpose and for a point.

It's kinda hard to get right but you should be able to lay it on your leg and play it one handed. Then it'll play REALLY quiet and allow you to keep one hand on your shotgun, really useful when Tom is in sight but just out of range...

Shady valley birds

The sound quality is awesome it's really unlike any slate surface iv had before.  And I noticed the concave bottom it looks great very clean call . And one thing is for sure I will use it! That's awesome work for only a year in imagine several more years! Thanks again!

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Weathered-Branch on February 27, 2020, 08:25:50 PM
Oh now I understand the confusion. There actually weren't any curly maple pots finished or in the pics, those were actually the beginnings of Birdseye figuring and one plain maple. If you want one of those I can have that out tomorrow, actual curly maple I have plenty of but none of it turned so that will take another day
If you still have the call pictured between the two walnut (I think) pots I will take it. Just need your PayPal address. Please PM me.

Weathered-Branch

That one is already gone, and I don't have anymore of that wood

dbishop

If there are any calls left to be had I'll take one also.  I'm not too particular on wood choice but I do seem to prefer darker woods.  Thanks.

bigriverbum

got my calls yesterday. Aaron has been very helpful and i got my calls in about 4 days. i'm very new to the pot call addiction so my impressions are that of a novice...BUT

imo these are just gorgeous little calls. love the single hole style(don't know the actual term).  i found them to play nicely and found a lot of variation in tone from the outside to the inside of the call