turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spring special. $25 pots edit;

Started by Weathered-Branch, February 23, 2020, 03:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weathered-Branch

Edit: sorry guys but I have to end the special. I'm several days behind on orders and running out of slate again. I'll honor everybody who has contacted me to this point but I can't take any new orders until I'm caught up

Well guys it's right before the spring season so I'm going to do a special, $25+s&h(usps flat rate small box $8). 

I made all of these calls myself this weekend and will be making more this coming week. They all are made Darrell Gibson style(he no longer makes these) exactly how he taught me using maple, walnut, purpleheart and bubinga. There are only two of the bubinga blanks, and I will make a couple more at this price out of padauk and bamboo if anybody is interested. Most of the maple and walnut have at least some figure, including 1 maple burl.

Please don't assume because I'm selling them so cheap I cut corners, I will never send out a call I don't think sounds good. I'm just a starting callmaker sucking up and doing what I need to build a good reputation, and unfortunately life has been hitting hard lately so I really need to sell some calls sold but I WILL NOT sacrifice my reputation as a craftsman.

First come gets first preference for choice of wood and figure, and this listing is for pots only, no strikers included. Any questions just message me on here, and Daryl gosey(ncbowjunkie) and sir-diealot have played my calls and can give their opinion. I only have so many pieces of slate but I will order more and honor this deal if I get more orders than I have pieces of slate

Edit: I currently don't have enough slate to finish the orders I have but I have more ordered and on the way. I'm still honoring this price for now just please understand it will take a little while longer while I wait for the slate to come in. Still let me know if you want to order one so I can have your pot ready to go just as soon as I get the slate!

Also the maple burl is sold, the Birdseye maple is gone but I'm going to get more of that this weekend, and I'm down to one bubinga and three bamboo blanks. Still several purpleheart and padauk blanks left, and plenty of figured walnut, ambrosia maple and curly maple!
Don't underestimate how smart I can be, but don't underestimate how dumb I can be either...

MDTOM84

I would be interested in a bamboo

Weathered-Branch

Will do, I haven't made one out of solid bamboo yet but I can get that done tonight and once I'm sure it sounds good enough I'll get it on it's way to you. I'm trying to upload pics right now but the forum is fighting me over file type...
Don't underestimate how smart I can be, but don't underestimate how dumb I can be either...

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Weathered-Branch on February 23, 2020, 04:11:13 PM
Will do, I haven't made one out of solid bamboo yet but I can get that done tonight and once I'm sure it sounds good enough I'll get it on it's way to you. I'm trying to upload pics right now but the forum is fighting me over file type...
Tapatalk is the easiest way I've found to load pics.

yelpy

Here's a pic of the pots.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Weathered-Branch

Thank you yelpy! I'm younger but I am not computer savvy....

yelpy

I'm not a big computer geek either. I just go to Google play store on the cell phone. Get the Tapatalk app and use it to upload pics. Than uninstall it when I'm done. It uses up space in the phone and drains the battery.

Sir-diealot

I have this one from him that both looks and sound wonderful. Birdseye Maple with black slate surface.

80394694_10215548561649626_2840107034978811904_o by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
80602136_10215548561809630_8178962447189671936_o by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

captpete

captpete

Another pic for Weathered-Branch

calls by K Pete, on Flickr

CoachK

Is slate the only surface option?

Weathered-Branch

For right now yes, I haven't experimented with the other surfaces enough yet to have enough confidence in making them sound good enough to sell yet

FLGobstopper

Quote from: captpete on February 24, 2020, 03:44:12 PM
Another pic for Weathered-Branch

calls by K Pete, on Flickr

Is the call on the left, in the row above the call marked sold still available? Also, do you take PayPal or what's accepted payment. I'm interested, thanks!

Weathered-Branch

It is still available, and yes I do take paypal

Snoodsniper