News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

12 gauge 870 Federal Heavyweight 7 choke recommendation

Started by JMalin, February 22, 2020, 09:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMalin

JMalin

Ended up ordering a Trulock made for federal tss #7.  Ordered 10 boxes of federal hvywt 7's.  Hope this combo does well for me.

bbcoach

Most 870 12's like .665 chokes.  IC, Sumtoy and SSX are a few.  Keep us posted on your results with the Trulock.

owlhoot

SKFOOTER

briton

I use the rem turkey/predator .670 that came with my 870, it shoots very well with just about anything

Brwndg

I've read the Flight Control wad is stiffer in the 12 ga. Federal HWT compared to the 20 ga. Having said that, I should say that I do not shoot the 12 ga shell, but I do shoot the 20 ga shell.
My best results after testing four separate chokes was with the Carlson Long Beard choke. Awesome patterns.
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Tom007

Truelock makes a choke specific for this load and wad. Very reasonably priced too. Good luck....
"Solo hunter"

Fullfan

Don't gobble at me...

mightyjoeyoung

In both 3" and 3 1/2" in more than a few guns I'm getting INSANE patterns with the federal heavyweight 7s through the Carlson's longbeard choke.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

mhamby

I have a Star Dot .665 in my Mossberg 500A that blisters a turkey's head with Federal Hvy 7's.
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.