OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Crystal Pot?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 20, 2020, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

I plan on really using my pot calls a lot more this season just to change it up. So far I've found a green slate and a ceramic that sound like killers, and I'm looking to add another surface with a good killing sound. I'm thinking crystal. I've used glass, but don't really care for it a lot. So with that said, what crystal calls are your proven killers? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Kytomgetter

David Halloran Crystal Mistress

Missouri hunter

That's funny, I would have suggested glass. It's just what i like better most of the time. As far as crystal the best I've played is David Halloran Crystal Mistress. I'm sure there's real Crystal fans that will chime in.
Sterling Custom Calls, making handcrafted box and trough calls.

appalachianassassin

Anything by halloran also love a persimmon popper

turkeymanjim

Woodhaven vision crystal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bobk

Schaffer Blue Mahoe crystal over glass .

tracker#1

Crystal Mistress, but just picked up a yellow heart crystal/monkey wood striker from Hunters's addiction that' working its way into the vest

Greg Massey

T J Johnson , crystal over glass in Zebrawood pot , with ebony one piece striker ...

Sir-diealot

I have yet to use it in the woods but my tulipwood pot with Crystal over glass by Old Crow. Non custom call my old Mad Super Crystal always seemed to get good replies.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

turkeykiller22

I have a few crystal calls that sound great and will run with the best of them. I really like my crystal over slate. You can check them out at footonDAhead.com I can text sound files too if you are interested.

Good luck!
Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Dtrkyman

Only have one, but it's a talker!

Crystal Mistress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: bobk on February 20, 2020, 02:32:50 PM
Schaffer Blue Mahoe crystal over glass .
This, this, and this again. Schaffer's Mahoe crystals over glass  is one of the best pots in general in my opinion, but the best crystal I've played for sure.

Other notable makers of crystal are Paul Durham, Lonzo, Brad Roberts, Mark Cornelius, and Kevin Farr.  These makers have a variety in that some make a better crystal/glass, crystal/slate, or crystal/aluminum and ina variety of woods. Kevin Farr (Pecker Wrecker) has a new for this year Walnut crystal, but I personally prefer his Machiche crystal.

Gooserbat

Check out the Select Series from Gooserbat.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

MJW