OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Model 700 owners beware!!

Started by RaspyD, February 12, 2011, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mason0366

I seen that last night. Sad they said 5 1/2 cost to much.

Reloader

Total BS. Watch the Remington video, it tells the other side of the story.  Come on guys, it was on CNBC!

knightrider

how many of these defected guns had been tinkered with by folks trying to lighten the trigger. i think the desighn guy is covering his own butt by saying rem wouldnt fix it,i have a hard time believing rem would not stand behind their product and fix it right for the safety of their customers. :cross2:

RaspyD

The millions they have paid out in lawsuits tells me it's not BS.  And the way I read it is that the Walker trigger could not be adjusted by folks who wanted to tinker with it to lighten it.  The design guy, Walker, told them about the problem in 1946.  He is 94 years old now...don't think he is too worried about covering his butt.

By Remington's conservative estimates, they said only 1% of the 2 million guns would accidently fire.  That's still 20,000 guns.  How many is too many??

I am a Remington owner and have always liked their products.  The message everyone should get from this is to treat any firearm as if it could fire at that moment and always be aware of where the muzzle is pointing.
Perfection Turkey Calls

TnHunter

I have a rem 700 in 7mag and have never had a problem with it.
Life is good today

R AJ

Quote from: Reloader on February 13, 2011, 01:19:09 AM
Total BS. Watch the Remington video, it tells the other side of the story.  Come on guys, it was on CNBC!

Is that Communist News Broadcasting Channel? :z-guntootsmiley:

S.C.C

The only way it can or will happen is if the trigger group has been adjusted wrong or out of sequence.
Rem. has fixed this as you can no longer adjust a trigger group on most 700's without doing some major
smithing on it.On any older 700 it would be advised to check the trigger group if the glue/plugs are missing
it needs to be re adjusted and plugged,over time on the older guns the plugs do come out and the trigger will also
get out of adjustment and this will allow the gun to possibly fire taking the safety off or raising and lowering the bolt.
A competent gunsmith with this knowledge should be the only person to work on a mod. 700 trigger group!!

stinkpickle

Quote from: Reloader on February 13, 2011, 01:19:09 AM

I would trust NEITHER source, especially not any message from the company that manufactured the product in question.

Fox Fire

Stink pickle has a good point, because it a money issue they aint gonna admit to nothin, Rem. is kinda up against the wall now days and a major cash loss could be just enuff to fold them.

Not only lawsuits from indaviduals but the recall/repairs would be astronomical, and most people like a crisp trigger, me included so I wont hesitate to have the trigger worked to make it better, now thers a lotta guns be'n built with "lawyer triggers" in place so you cant tinker with'em for this very reason.

devin4484

Limbstrutter

I too believe it's all about the money and law suits. Just think about all the law suits that have put some of the others out of Biz.
That news company is in bed with our Prez. and believe me their not done coming after our guns. Just like the shooting in ARZ. lets just ban 30 round magizines  I guess the guy couldn't carry say 4, 10 round clips ,REALLY. There just putting their foot in the door for whats to come.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4