OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Niles Oesterle question

Started by pinebark, February 16, 2020, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinebark

Is anyone on here familiar with Mr Niles call's? If so do you know if he is still making calls?  I haven't seen his name come across here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bennett

I talked to a friend of his and he said he isn't making any but I don't know that for sure.

NeverRoosting

Quote from: pinebark on February 16, 2020, 08:51:06 AM
Is anyone on here familiar with Mr Niles call's? If so do you know if he is still making calls?  I haven't seen his name come across here.

It's my understanding he makes a few but doesn't take orders and about impossible to get one.  But I don't have a lot of first hand knowledge there so don't quote me.

pinebark

Here are 2 that I got from him several years ago. I was hoping to get one or two more but I'm sad to hear he's not taking orders anymore. I would love to see some pictures of some of his other work if anyone has any.

HOOT

I am still building calls, however, no longer taking any new orders.  I am concentrating on completing the calls on my wait list.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Wow those are beautiful.  And from one of the greats.  I wish I was on that list! 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

SnozzBox

Hey Pinebark - Beautiful calls you have there!  I've been very fortunate to have collected Niles' calls over quite a few years and for me they're the finest expression of the art of box call making.  The calls are extremely refined, his design and dimensions are unique and he doesn't adhere to convention in the use of materials or construction.  Each call is a hand-made, hand-finished masterpiece made with love by a man with a very long and deep history in all things turkey, from restoration of the wild turkey in Maine to the early calling competitions with names like Kirby and Keck and up and through to the pinnacle of the box call making art.  Not that I'm biased or anything . . . .  : )
I'll get some pictures and post a few over the weekend.  Thanks for taking the time to post yours!

packmule

I don't have any of his calls unfortunately but his longbox holsters are the best. 2 styles, all leather and cordura.

Greg Massey

Those are 2 fine looking boxes ...you can tell the craftsmanship ...

SnozzBox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnozzBox

pinebark

Quote from: SnozzBox on February 28, 2020, 09:37:36 PM
Hey Pinebark - Beautiful calls you have there!  I've been very fortunate to have collected Niles' calls over quite a few years and for me they're the finest expression of the art of box call making.  The calls are extremely refined, his design and dimensions are unique and he doesn't adhere to convention in the use of materials or construction.  Each call is a hand-made, hand-finished masterpiece made with love by a man with a very long and deep history in all things turkey, from restoration of the wild turkey in Maine to the early calling competitions with names like Kirby and Keck and up and through to the pinnacle of the box call making art.  Not that I'm biased or anything . . . .  : )
I'll get some pictures and post a few over the weekend.  Thanks for taking the time to post yours!
Thanks! Yes, I agree. These boxes have a style all on their own. And the closer you look at them the more attention to detail you will find. It doesnt take long studying one of his boxes to see how much time was put in to it to make it stand out as a presentation grade box call. Not to mention it sounds a pretty as it looks!

SnozzBox

This is the second call Niles made after moving from Missouri to Pennsylvania.  Built in 2016.

Box:          Quilted Bigleaf Maple. 
Box Inlay:  Parquet-style inlay is handmade by Niles from Mahogany, Bloodwood, Sycamore, Walnut and Douglas Fir.
Lid:           Texas ebony
Lid Inlay:   Parquet-style inlay is handmade by Niles from Walnut, Sycamore, Bloodwood and Bigleaf Maple
Base:  Birdseye Maple

Construction, fit and finish are impeccable as always.  Great playability on either side with very realistic rasp.  A turkey killer.  Visually stunning.  Provides the substantial feel of holding a finely made firearm.   

SnozzBox

Agreed, Pinebark.  Over the last 25 or 30 years, I've owned them all and there is simply nothing like an Oesterle call.  I'll post more as time allows over the weekend. 

SnozzBox