turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris mount

Started by DBuck90, February 10, 2020, 09:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBuck90

Might be a silly question everyone talks about the 336 mount on benelli are they just referring to
The mounting plate Burris sells for a marlin 336 or am I just missing something ?
Also I was reading you can't use the Burris 336 mounting plate on a benelli M2 is that correct ?

Ridge Rooster

Yes you are correct. It was once the lowest mount option for the FF red dots. Sumtoy makes one now that is just as low.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

SumToy

yes the 336 is the Burris base.  It most the time requires drill and tap.   Now our base fits the top of the guns and in most cases use factory drilled holes.   

I would recommend our base 1st and if not I would run the Burris base.  The only two we recommend. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

the Ward

^This^   I re-drilled a Burris base to fit the pattern on my Benelli. It worked great, but i would have saved myself the headache and used the Sumtoy base had it been available when i did it.

Ridge Rooster

I think I now have 4 of the Sumtoy bases and happy with all of them. I really like his Protector base and highly recommend his stuff!

Ridge Rooster

7shooter

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on February 11, 2020, 09:02:13 AM
I think I now have 4 of the Sumtoy bases and happy with all of them. I really like his Protector base and highly recommend his stuff!

Ridge Rooster

What protector base does sumtoy offer?

Ridge Rooster

Its very similar to what Burris offers but better in that it is an all 1 piece machined base with protector wings. Send him a message on FaceBook Messenger and he will send you a picture, or if Mr. William see's this he might post one one here for you.

His bases are excellent.

Ridge Rooster

7shooter

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on February 11, 2020, 07:27:23 PM
Its very similar to what Burris offers but better in that it is an all 1 piece machined base with protector wings. Send him a message on FaceBook Messenger and he will send you a picture, or if Mr. William see's this he might post one one here for you.

His bases are excellent.

Ridge Rooster

Thanks for the heads up. I just sent him an 870 compact Monday to have his base installed. I may go with that one if it's available.