OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trulock chokes?

Started by VA Turkeyfish, February 01, 2020, 08:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA Turkeyfish

Anybody like trulock chokes?  Heard some good things but never tried any myself.

Brwndg

I'm shooting the Trulock Federal Heavyweight 7 .560 choke in my 20 gauge Remington 11/87
Shoots a damn good pattern for me shooting 1.5 oz of the old 15g/cc 3" Federal HWT 7s

I also have the Trulock TKY in .575 that I still need to pattern. 
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

tnanh

I like several brands of chokes because of the way they shoot but the tru-lock chokes I have are 100 % quality made. The 20 gauge hwt. 7 choke I have shoots hevi-13 and longbeards pretty well and consistently. Also shot great numbers with the Federal HWT. 7s but I sold all of mine because of POI inconsistencies no matter what gun and choke I shot them through.

dirt road ninja

I've got one for rem. 20 gauge .585. Hadn't shot it much, but can't say anything bad about it. I wanted to try a more open choke and that one fit the bill. If they offer the constriction you are looking for, I doubt you'll be dissatisfied.

Curtdawg88

A friend of mine tried out their TSS model with 12 ga Federal TSS #9 yesterday. Patterns were incredible. I'm not even in the market for a choke but may go pick one up.  They have a money back guarantee also for any reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

dms2511

You won't go wrong with the Trulock family. Great group of folks that stand behind their products and are a wealth of knowledge and always willing to help!

Fullfan

I have two of the TrueLock chokes built for the Federal Heviweight #7 shot, both are for my 11-87's. Prior to loading TSS All I shot was the Heviweight 7s. And the TrueLock chokes would give the best patterns.
Don't gobble at me...