OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Clint Corder call list

Started by bunk, January 30, 2020, 12:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSboy88

I got on Mr Corders list 3/21/2015 and I got my call from him last June of 2019. As far as Paul Platz Ive been on his list since 2016 and the last time I spoke to him on facebook he wasnt working on his list much anymore only making about 30 calls a year other than what he takes to the shows.

bunk

Quote from: MSboy88 on February 12, 2020, 07:32:17 PM
I got on Mr Corders list 3/21/2015 and I got my call from him last June of 2019. As far as Paul Platz Ive been on his list since 2016 and the last time I spoke to him on facebook he wasnt working on his list much anymore only making about 30 calls a year other than what he takes to the shows.
Since you got your call that gives me hope.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Clint will be getting back into it he just had stuff going on.  One of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet.  If he could provide a call for everyone who wanted one he would.  He has a life and a job and other things to do.  I know Clint and have never asked him for a call although I would love to have one from him and I would hunt with it.  Not resale it for triple the price.  Pics of dead gobblers are priceless to callmakers. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on February 15, 2020, 03:22:53 PM
Clint will be getting back into it he just had stuff going on.  One of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet.  If he could provide a call for everyone who wanted one he would.  He has a life and a job and other things to do.  I know Clint and have never asked him for a call although I would love to have one from him and I would hunt with it.  Not resale it for triple the price.  Pics of dead gobblers are priceless to callmakers.

Thanks for that update. I have 3 on his list and really hope to get them one day.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Roost 1

Winning an award doesn't make a call great. I have calls from Platz, Corder, Trice, Strawser, etc..
Lots of politics involved in these contests and like mentioned above once SOME win their price goes up.
I mean Lon Trice sold calls for $50 for several yrs after he won the DD Adams award and nobody waited yrs to get one. Like I said I have some of the most sought after pot calls BUT there is a reason I carry Lon's calls to the woods and that reason isn't  because he won this award or that award or even the price of the call,  the reason is the pics of the dead gobblers that he enjoys me sending him every spring. They are the REAL judges.....

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 16, 2020, 09:33:01 AM
Winning an award doesn't make a call great. I have calls from Platz, Corder, Trice, Strawser, etc..
Lots of politics involved in these contests and like mentioned above once SOME win their price goes up.
I mean Lon Trice sold calls for $50 for several yrs after he won the DD Adams award and nobody waited yrs to get one. Like I said I have some of the most sought after pot calls BUT there is a reason I carry Lon's calls to the woods and that reason isn't  because he won this award or that award or even the price of the call,  the reason is the pics of the dead gobblers that he enjoys me sending him every spring. They are the REAL judges.....
Well said brother. Hard not to want to support a guy like Lon once you get to know him as well. Never a dull moment with him around.

Spitten and drummen

Lons a great guy and builds a great pot. As for as awards , paul platz had not won any when people was buying his calls. I know and like paul a lot and he makes a awesome pot. I will say I have some from guys you never hear about that sound better than some of my platz pots. I also have a bunch that sounds better than my Corder. I love calls and like hard to get ones. I have enough calls that I could hunt 5 different ones everyday of our 45 day season. I am a addict.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

TNBIRD

Who are these better call makers than Corder and Platz?  Would love to get a few!

Mathews.1

EZ

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on February 15, 2020, 03:22:53 PM

Well said Allan. I know it has been very hard for Clint to get shop time. I'm sure he wants everyone on his list to be satisfied. Keep in mind that life happens. Clint is a very humble young man.

Roost 1

Quote from: TNBIRD on February 17, 2020, 09:44:09 PM
Who are these better call makers than Corder and Platz?  Would love to get a few!

Seriously??? I have calls from both, not even close to the best I have.
Dustin Jones makes a great call for $50...

CDCorder

I have almost posted on this a couple of times, but have thought better of it each time - as I try to mostly stay off of the forums. However, I feel its time to address the topic, and hopefully answer some questions. I do still have what is left of my list. It is about 200 calls and I haven't added to it since 2016. I last worked on it in July of 2019 when I built 10 calls. Those were the only calls I was able to build since last February until recently.

I have a job that is very demanding of my time. Since I began a "list" I have changed roles at work multiple times....each time with increased responsibility. I have two teenage daughters, one heavily involved in sports. I went through a divorce this past year. Life is really busy for me. I would LOVE to have more shop time....but its few and far between right now. I know the same is true for Paul, as he has a newborn and a toddler. Paul is like a brother to me, and anyone that knows him knows he is one of the nicest guys in the turkey world. Like me, he just has a lot going on.

I apologize that I seem to have offended so many people. Keeping constant communication on the status of a turkey call with 400 people  is something I found out long ago wasn't feasible for me. It wasn't then, and it certainly isn't now. If this were a business for me, if it were my livelihood, I most certainly would. But, this is not and will never be a business for me - it's a hobby. It's something I love and enjoy doing as I get time, and I simply can't respond to every message I receive at this point in my life. I'm barely making all my "life" commitments right now. Anybody that truly knows me, I feel will tell you I am actually a pretty decent guy. If you've messaged me and I haven't responded, it's not personal. I'm sure many of my close friends here will tell you I don't alway remember to respond to them either.

It's truly amazing to me the character slander that some of the people on these forums are willing to sling around without even knowing you. It also baffles me how some of these people will talk to you and treat you over a turkey call. It'd be different if I took someone's money and didn't deliver, but I haven't, nor will I ever do that.

Do I take a few calls to Unicoi and Nashville every year? Yes, I do. It allows me to go spend time with friends that I dearly love, pay for those trips, and also allows me to buy or trade a few turkey calls from other guys. I think a lot of callmakers do that. Again, I am sorry if that offends some.

I appreciate those of you that have taken up for me (and Paul) here.

Clint

cutt down

Quote from: TNBIRD on February 17, 2020, 09:44:09 PM

Better is in the mind of the individual but there are call makers just as good like Steve Morganstern, Eddie Wynne, Mark Cornelius, Paul Hicks Jr, Lon Trice that have calls readily available & sound just as good to me as my Platz or Corders.

Secpharmd

Quote from: CDCorder on February 18, 2020, 08:55:58 AM
I have almost posted on this a couple of times, but have thought better of it each time - as I try to mostly stay off of the forums. However, I feel its time to address the topic, and hopefully answer some questions. I do still have what is left of my list. It is about 200 calls and I haven't added to it since 2016. I last worked on it in July of 2019 when I built 10 calls. Those were the only calls I was able to build since last February until recently.

I have a job that is very demanding of my time. Since I began a "list" I have changed roles at work multiple times....each time with increased responsibility. I have two teenage daughters, one heavily involved in sports. I went through a divorce this past year. Life is really busy for me. I would LOVE to have more shop time....but its few and far between right now. I know the same is true for Paul, as he has a newborn and a toddler. Paul is like a brother to me, and anyone that knows him knows he is one of the nicest guys in the turkey world. Like me, he just has a lot going on.

I apologize that I seem to have offended so many people. Keeping constant communication on the status of a turkey call with 400 people  is something I found out long ago wasn't feasible for me. It wasn't then, and it certainly isn't now. If this were a business for me, if it were my livelihood, I most certainly would. But, this is not and will never be a business for me - it's a hobby. It's something I love and enjoy doing as I get time, and I simply can't respond to every message I receive at this point in my life. I'm barely making all my "life" commitments right now. Anybody that truly knows me, I feel will tell you I am actually a pretty decent guy. If you've messaged me and I haven't responded, it's not personal. I'm sure many of my close friends here will tell you I don't alway remember to respond to them either.

It's truly amazing to me the character slander that some of the people on these forums are willing to sling around without even knowing you. It also baffles me how some of these people will talk to you and treat you over a turkey call. It'd be different if I took someone's money and didn't deliver, but I haven't, nor will I ever do that.

Do I take a few calls to Unicoi and Nashville every year? Yes, I do. It allows me to go spend time with friends that I dearly love, pay for those trips, and also allows me to buy or trade a few turkey calls from other guys. I think a lot of callmakers do that. Again, I am sorry if that offends some.

Clint
Well said Clint....sometimes people forget this is a hobby and no a job....and that callmakers have other responsibilities that have to be met.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

fountain2

Quote from: CDCorder on February 18, 2020, 08:55:58 AM

Clint

Phew...inwas beginning to think you didnt like me when you dont respond.   Lol

You hit the nail on the head here.  Everyone here are addicts of the Turkey and everything ot consists of.  We all want the best of what is available..whether its shell, guns and calls.  You and Paul have built a reputation that all want to look into to see why..hence the approaches about your calls.   I see both sides of the spectrum,  but will go with the personal side.  You have to have time for you.  If you don't..no one else will either.  I appreciate getting to know both you and paul and being able to see the other side of the spectrum.