turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Clint Corder call list

Started by bunk, January 30, 2020, 12:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunk

For those who was on his list to get a call when he stopped taking orders. Did you ever receive your calls? I got on his list a short time before he stopped taking orders. When I seen that he was no longer taking orders I contacted him and ask if I would still be getting a call and he told me yes but it would be at least two years maybe more. He said when he got to me he would contact me to get my info and which call that I wanted. I'm thinking it's been four years now and nothing. I've tried contacting him through text message some time ago and recently on her with no response. Just curious if others that where on the waiting list receive calls.

1iagobblergetter

I got on his list towards the very end. I haven't heard anything,but keeping my fingers crossed.

Spitten and drummen

Yep. Me too. Can't get a call , message or anything back from him.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bowguy

I've been on a list I thought a long time ago as well.

Ol timer

Can't understand why anyone would be willing to wait that amount of years for a Pot Call that takes most woodworkers 1 hour to cut and turn a Pot!! I hope when you get your calls that they spit Feathers and Spurs. I can understand a box call taking longer to get but never on a Pot.

jed clampett

It has been 4 yrs for me as well...I did not figure it would be that long..I am not sure if we will ever get them. Not sure why..I just think he doesn't care..if that's so he should not of taken the order

CMBOSTC

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 30, 2020, 09:12:44 PM
Yep. Me too. Can't get a call , message or anything back from him.

I had the same experience. When I asked him for better communication, he dropped me from his list.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Ol timer on January 31, 2020, 07:15:42 AM
Can't understand why anyone would be willing to wait that amount of years for a Pot Call that takes most woodworkers 1 hour to cut and turn a Pot!! I hope when you get your calls that they spit Feathers and Spurs. I can understand a box call taking longer to get but never on a Pot.

The reason why is really simple. Some of us want calls for the collectability and value. He makes a great pot. We get in no big rush understanding how long it could take. Most of us have enough calls that we could hand out to the whole neighbor to go turkey hunting. I agree with the comment that if he did not want to continue building pots , he should not have taken the order. Guys in my honest opinion I dont believe we will get the calls.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

bunk

At this point I have my doubts. As far as waiting goes, if he calls me five years from now I'll gladly take the call. I have plenty of calls to hunt with but some of us like to collect calls.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 31, 2020, 08:53:36 AM
Quote from: Ol timer on January 31, 2020, 07:15:42 AM

The reason why is really simple. Some of us want calls for the collectability and value. He makes a great pot. We get in no big rush understanding how long it could take. Most of us have enough calls that we could hand out to the whole neighbor to go turkey hunting. I agree with the comment that if he did not want to continue building pots , he should not have taken the order. Guys in my honest opinion I dont believe we will get the calls.
:z-winnersmiley:

Spot on Jody.

Ol timer

Ok what makes his call so special to be a collection piece because he won calling contest. By the sounds of the recent post not getting what they wanted leaves me wondering why one would want to collect it ?
Sometimes we put people on a pedestal with high regard and they can't live up to being on that pedestal, think the guy should have enough respect to tell people that he's not going to make your call at that point the collectibility of that persons calls goes out the door.

Spitten and drummen

I agree with some of your post however collectability is in the eye of the beholder. You can list one of his glass pot calls for 400 bucks and it will be sold withen a few hours so there are alot of people who like and want his call. If you only hunt with calls and do not have but a few you will think thats crazy for someone to pay that for a pot call. Same way with lets say baseball cards. No way , no how would I pay hundreds much less thousands on a cardboard card however there are some who will drop the coin in a heartbeat. Thats their thing. Also a corder pot , since clint is not making anymore , becomes a commodity. If you have one and there is a certain call you have been trying to get your hands on , the odds of making a trade for it goes up. Some calls I get so I can turn around and trade them for other calls I would not have been able to get otherwise. If you dont collect calls , you will not get it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Ol timer

I do get it , I agree what your saying also but there is a fine line also to be considered.

Harty

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 31, 2020, 10:38:01 AM
I agree with some of your post however collectability is in the eye of the beholder. You can list one of his glass pot calls for 400 bucks and it will be sold withen a few hours so there are alot of people who like and want his call. If you only hunt with calls and do not have but a few you will think thats crazy for someone to pay that for a pot call. Same way with lets say baseball cards. No way , no how would I pay hundreds much less thousands on a cardboard card however there are some who will drop the coin in a heartbeat. Thats their thing. Also a corder pot , since clint is not making anymore , becomes a commodity. If you have one and there is a certain call you have been trying to get your hands on , the odds of making a trade for it goes up. Some calls I get so I can turn around and trade them for other calls I would not have been able to get otherwise. If you dont collect calls , you will not get it.

Good post and analogy with the baseball card. That analogy can be extrapolated to other things as well. Collectability is indeed in the eye of the beholder. If a call is outstanding and a commodity certain collectors will pay top dollar and could care less about communication and customer service. As individuals we may "draw that line" in different places. That's fine an an option we all have. Idon't begrudge anyone going after a call aggressively that may round out an outstanding collection.

bunk

I didn't mean to start anything and everyone has there own opinion. He's a back to back DD Adams winner who happens to be from my home state and I would like to have one of his calls. I was just curious to know if he was still working down the list. I believe he was just overwhelmed with orders and stopped taking them. I also know that sometimes life just gets in the way.