OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Slate Pot Search Continues

Started by Bottomland, January 28, 2020, 07:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland

Okay I've tried Eddie Wynne and Pat Strawser on getting one of their slates but haven't had much luck.  Talked to Eddie on the phone the other day and got on his list of people to call if one is available.  Talked to Pat via Facebook to try and get on his list but I dont really know if I am or not without much feedback.

So with that being said.... whose next? 

Ive heard Brad Roberts cedar green slate and Buster Halford Red Slate..... Anyone PM me their contact info?

Any other suggestions on a new slate?

jrinny

Check with Mark Cornelius of MAC calls. I have a slate over glass from him that always is in the vest. Great guy to deal with as well.

3bailey3

Buster is gobbler 2577 on here, send me your cell number and I will send a sound file, great caller and a even better person!

Loyalist84

Nathan Taylor (Higher Calling Custom Calls on Facebook) makes a great red slate, and I really like the black slate/cedar pot he made for me. Great guy as well.

WV Ridge Reaper

Lonzo...Bullet tree/Green Slate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Busters red slate in persimmon or clay townsend green in osage. Busters is second to none and I will say mine has a permanent spot in my vest. Picked up clays at unicoi this year. I have been running his one piece rutland and his bloodwood 2 piece on it and its a top contender for starting line up.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

MK M GOBL

CODY World Class and SPEC 1 Legend

MK M GOBL

Greg Massey

Mark Cornelius , Buster , Clay Townsend , Nathan Taylor, also Dustin Jones makes so fine pot calls ...

va longbeard

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 28, 2020, 11:52:07 PM
Mark Cornelius , Buster , Clay Townsend , Nathan Taylor, also Dustin Jones makes so fine pot calls ...

Great list there.

I would add Paul Durham to that list as well.

yelpaholic

i would give Lonnie Sneed a call makes a great hot hen slate. while your talking to him get a green glass call.

BTH

Buster's green and red slates.
Roger Parks slates
MAC red green and gray slates.
Paul Hicks slates
Blackstone green slate in a cherry pot
One I wish I had not sold is a Cane Creek Reaper gray slate.
Several folks on here really like the Bud and Betty slates too
Halloran Walnut/Wenge, the elusive Halloran Laminate slate and his Zebrawood slate
Another no nonsense slate is Darrin Dawkins' slate in one of his plastic pots.

I hear good things about Paul Durham slates too.

My friend has a Lonzo bullet tree green slate and it sounds fantastic!

Footballer Mark makes a killer slate!
Phil 4:13

Bowguy

Schafer, MAC, Dustin Jones, Lonzo, Hallorans is decent too.

Bowguy

Hate to do this but to do nothing might be a disservice to someone. A Lonnie sneed recommendation was given. Anyone interested in issues look up current quality of Lonnie sneed calls thread.

wchadw

Quote from: Bottomland on January 28, 2020, 07:54:26 PM
Okay I've tried Eddie Wynne and Pat Strawser on getting one of their slates but haven't had much luck.  Talked to Eddie on the phone the other day and got on his list of people to call if one is available.  Talked to Pat via Facebook to try and get on his list but I dont really know if I am or not without much feedback.

Ive heard Brad Roberts cedar green slate and Buster Halford Red Slate..... Anyone PM me their contact info?

Roberts cedar green is excellent if you can find one.  hes not taking orders.  Buster red is an excellent call as well. 

va longbeard

Quote from: wchadw on January 29, 2020, 03:41:41 PM
Quote from: Bottomland on January 28, 2020, 07:54:26 PM

Roberts cedar green is excellent if you can find one.  hes not taking orders.  Buster red is an excellent call as well.

The Roberts hackberry green is great also good luck finding one though.