OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

HEVI 18 TSS loads...anybody seen or shot any yet?

Started by dbishop, January 20, 2020, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbishop

I was kicking around the Midway sight tonight looking for turkey shells and I came across a new load from Hevi shot called Hevi 18.  Just wondered if anyone has seen or shot any yet.  Awfully pricey stuff...even for TSS.

decoykrvr

It will be interesting to see how they will make it non-spherical, since according to their marketing, non-spherical is more aerodynamic.

King Cobra

Comparing 12 gauge Hevi-18 loads to Federal TSS in 3 inch the Hevi-18 loads contain 2 oz. shot compared to 1 3/4 in the Federal. I guess the price reflects the extra TSS in the Hevi-18, 5 pack sets you back approx. $52 vs. $38 for the Federal.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

mudhen

Have 4 boxes to test soon, maybe tomorrow...

Might be a tuff launch for EM because there is plenty of old stock our there from the competition at lower 2019 pricing...

Eventually, most TSS will be close to the same price...

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

jrmcclure

At $53 dollars a box of 5 they best hurry and get the $30 a box rebate posted on there site.....

Turkeytider

Quote from: jrmcclure on January 28, 2020, 10:46:50 PM
At $53 dollars a box of 5 they best hurry and get the $30 a box rebate posted on there site.....

I know the stuff (TSS) is good, but $53 for 5?.....Whew!!  For my 870 12gauge, think I`ll stick with Hevi-13s at $20. I shoot 40 yards and in anyway.

2eagles

Quote from: jrmcclure on January 28, 2020, 10:46:50 PM
I'm only seeing $10. a box, maximum of two boxes. It's real hard to find a retailer who has it.

Reloader

Stopped by a local Academy yesterday to pick up a few things and they had a decent amount of these new loads on the shelf.  They did not have pricing up yet and I didn't scan any.

mudhen

Don't see any rebates on Hevi-18...

Just H-13 & Magnum Blend, which is good because I shoot them too!
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

allaboutshooting

I have 20 gauge and .410 shells but have not been able to get to the range with them. Here's an interview with Ralph Nauman that gives some insight into his thoughts on TSS https://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/hevi-18
I have cases of both 12 gauge and 20 gauge Hevi-13, more than I'll ever shoot since the NWTF cancelled the still target shooting program. Lots of "good stuff" just not enough time left.
Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

schief

dzsmith

Quote from: allaboutshooting on January 31, 2020, 10:00:30 AM
I have 20 gauge and .410 shells but have not been able to get to the range with them. Here's an interview with Ralph Nauman that gives some insight into his thoughts on TSS https://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/hevi-18
I have cases of both 12 gauge and 20 gauge Hevi-13, more than I'll ever shoot since the NWTF cancelled the still target shooting program. Lots of "good stuff" just not enough time left.
Thanks,
Clark
why on earth did the NWTF cancel the still target shooting program. I literally can find no info online about it....
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

crow

Quote from: dzsmith on February 01, 2020, 06:59:44 PM
Quote from: allaboutshooting on January 31, 2020, 10:00:30 AM
Thanks,
Clark
why on earth did the NWTF cancel the still target shooting program. I literally can find no info online about it....

Their main sponsor is Dicks Sporting goods

jrmcclure

I wasn't really expecting a $30 rebate, but that seems like something hevi shot would do. Never understood why they make you jump through hoops to save a dollar. Should just mark them down to be competitive with everyone else and call it good. I reload tss and the cost is typically $.30-.50 for components plus tss shot. I can load a 2oz shell for $5.60 a round or $28 for 5. I understand they buy in bulk,there cost per shell is less than mine, and I understand why they would charge $35-$45 to try and make a little money. $53 for 5 rounds seems a little high considering there the last and most expensive of the major manufacturers to hit the market with tss .