News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Decoys?

Started by Passport, April 20, 2020, 12:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvestris

Why not a coke can on a stick?
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Gobble!

Quote from: MK M GOBL on April 21, 2020, 07:28:21 AM
Quote from: OsceolaDreams on April 21, 2020, 06:11:37 AM
I have had really good success with Avain X Hdr decoys this year

We have these at the store and "color" sure seems off, especially on the Jake... and now a hard body in a Avain X is more expensive than DSD... Well at least they figured out the air leak issue.

MK M GOBL

Agree. Sold mine for the DSD posturing Jake.

SteelCityArcher

Quote from: silvestris on April 21, 2020, 02:26:51 PM

I tried that but I kept spooking birds every time I went out to get a drink. ;)
"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No Guns. No peace. No safety.

Greg Massey

Quote from: silvestris on April 21, 2020, 02:26:51 PM
Or red solo cup on a stick

g8rvet

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Timmer

Quote from: Passport on April 20, 2020, 01:18:23 PM
How many do you guys run? If you can only have 1 is it a feeding hen?

I run and gun and carry up to 2 decoys.  I tried a DSD and it was just too big for my liking.  Both of mine Avian X.  One is a feeder hen.  I think the other is called a Breeder hen but it's just a hen that with her head half up.  It's not feeding, nor head up on alert.   

I'm getting older and thinking about carrying only the feeder hen and using the vest space for a lounge chair.  I used one for a youth hunt last week and I didn't realize I could actually be really comfortable while turkey hunting.  I thought sitting on uneven ground with roots or acorns under your tail and thorns poking in your thighs was part of the penance you had to pay to earn a turkey!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!