OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mushrooms

Started by Southerngobbler, August 20, 2019, 03:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southerngobbler

Found a giant bunch of Oyster mushrooms while we were gator hunting, they went very well with sautéed gator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

Really nice find! Rare to see a bunch like that out our way. One of our favorites. We found a couple smaller clusters along with a dozen porcini in Southern Colorado two weeks back. Made for some fine eating.

Rzrbac

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on August 20, 2019, 04:23:35 PM
Really nice find! Rare to see a bunch like that out our way. One of our favorites. We found a couple smaller clusters along with a dozen porcini in Southern Colorado two weeks back. Made for some fine eating.

I found so many mushrooms up by Steamboat a few years ago. Had no idea what I was looking at but ran across a guy with a book about mushrooms. I recognized several types I had been running across. I pointed in him in the direction.

That is rough country to walk for mushrooms though.

tal

Oh man, it's making me hungry and I've never tried gator.

Sir-diealot

Hoping to learn more about them after I get a car on the road. Never realized how many variations there are here in NY alone, some are actually very pretty.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Those look yummy ... nice find

Old Timer

My son is a picker. He has taken me on some long outings. Last year i found some nice chicken n the woods. And he makes some great meals with them. This is funny he was cutting through a berry patch and a black bear popped up. I asked him what he did. Dad he went one way i went the other. He carries his spray now.

Remember this : There are old mushroom hunters and bold mushroom hunters  but no old bold mushroom hunters!

tal

Quote from: Old Timer on August 21, 2019, 10:19:36 AM
My son is a picker. He has taken me on some long outings. Last year i found some nice chicken n the woods. And he makes some great meals with them. This is funny he was cutting through a berry patch and a black bear popped up. I asked him what he did. Dad he went one way i went the other. He carries his spray now.

Remember this : There are old mushroom hunters and bold mushroom hunters  but no old bold mushroom hunters!
LOL... Fools rush in where brave men fear to tread.