OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Late Season Florida Turkey?

Started by Ol timer, August 19, 2019, 11:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol timer

I recently acquired a property in south west Florida north of Route 70 . I will be heading to Florida in December would like any information from the local people or anyone that's been there hunting late season. Any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated. Would like to scout that area while there as I will most likely be there again in March. Thanks

owlhoot

Sounds like a good deal, hope it is loaded with turkey for you.

Ol timer

Yes it's around 200 ac the land owner said lots of hogs snakes gators and turkey. I never was one for fall season turkey hunting as fall bow consumes most of my interest, but late December in Florida turkey hunting has my interest now. I'm certain it's not like spring time but any time you can hunt a turkey in December can't be all bad :funnyturkey:

Sir-diealot

Good luck to you, hope you can get yourself an Osceola's.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Crghss

I have never hunted fall turkey in FL but I'd say you'd need to pattern them, ambush them like you do deer. Not my favorite way to hunt turkeys but its florida.

Biggest buck I ever saw in FL was where Rt 70 runs into I-75, near Lakewood ranch. Like twice the size of normal FL deer.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...