OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

who uses a vest and who doesnt?

Started by slave601, February 12, 2011, 01:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who uses a vest and who doesnt?

yes i wear one
57 (82.6%)
no i dont
12 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 67

slave601

i know almost everybody nowadays wears one, but alot of old timers dont. jus wonderin who does and who doesnt and why
"thinnin the flock"

RutnNStrutn

When I use a vest, its the Primos Gobbler vest.

When I don't, I use the Beard Buster belt with an additional carrying pouch I put on it.

harvester

I have to wear one. Can't fit all my stuff I take in my pocket. :icon_thumright:

ClayW

I don't...with all the stuff I carry (DB Blind, DSD hen decoys, strutter decoy, bow, binoculars, chair, calls cameras) I just throw it in the golf cart and go. As you can see, I'm not much of a "runnin-n-gunnin" type anymore.

sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

kyhareraiser

don't know where i'd keep all my stuff if i did'nt carry one ..i thought one time i'd go light and take only a pouch with a couple calls ,,seems the calls i picked to take ,no turkeys like them ,not one response..after arround 11'ish  i went got my vest and the first call i pulled out ,the gobblers went at it..learned my lesson....ya never know what will get the ole' tom gobblin'/.. my saying about the vest now....it's better to have and not need it ,than to need it and not have it ...hahahaha :icon_thumright:

HOOKS1

I don't use a vest for mainly for 2 reasons. Down here in the deep south its to hot and humid to wear one. I don't carry that much gear. Sometimes I wear a belt similar to the one above or a shoulder bag. Most of the time neither. I have pouches that clip to belt loops for pot calls, box call,water bottle, and inner tube that I sit on. Diaphragm calls are in pouches that hang around my neck along with trumpet yelper and tube calls on lanyards. Yep I'ma old guy.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

blackswamp

That is just one of the best things about turkey hunting. Packing your vest before the season starts.
Life is hard, its even harder when you're stupid!- JOHN WAYNE

new2turkey

I can't afford one, if i could I'm sure I'd have one ;)

Hognutz

I do not use a vest. I have a belt with a fanny pack and 3 or 4 call holders on it. When I get to my spot, I take it off and lay it beside me, at the ready. Works well for me. Mike   :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Cove

Absolutely. I have everything I need in my vest except my gun (it wont fit). So with one quick grab I can be on my way with no worries on leaving something behind.

Devastator

i always have mine on but with pa. going to an all day deal the last 2 weeks i think for the afternoon hunts all im going to carry with me is my call saver with the hooks devastators in it.it gets pretty dang hot in the afternoons here and the lighter the better.hopefully i will be tagged out in n.y. and pa. and not have to hunt the afternoons.

shootumindaface

I wear a BeardBuster Run and Gun Belt with their slate pouch attached to the other side.. I really do not carry much with me

slave601

I don't use one cause I have a pullover leafy type thin top with a front pocket. I pack light because of the south miss heat and all the walking I do
"thinnin the flock"

TANK

I wear a Limbhanger vest. My Grandpa (he will be 91 on Feb 29, Leap Year Baby) has a old leather bag that he had custom made at a saddle shop in the eairly 1970's. He said he had one just like it before this one that finally just rotted on him.