OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey vest

Started by Old Timer, July 21, 2019, 02:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

I have another vest that holds 3 slates multiple strikers,3 box calls, water bottle,thermocell. Pocket for decoys and stakes. I could spend overnight if I had too. The last few years I have been carrying less.

Happy

I only carry a crow call. Two pots and if I feel really energetic, 3 strikers. Diaghram calls and a trumpet on lanyards around my neck. However the box call pouch seems custom made for a certain small cold cut hoagie one of our local gas stations sells and I value it more than a box call so it gets the nod. I carry more for comfort than I do for calling turkeys.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Crghss

I used a Alps Super Elite 4.0 last year and love it. While using it I thought It would be better with some changes.

Didn't they go and make the changes on the Longbeard Elite Vest.

I carry a lot, 4 pots & strikers, 2 box's. Water, snack, map, compass and soft decoys.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

eddie234

I've tried several vest over the years, I've settled on the tactical tatr from Cabela's. I'm very frugal so normally wait till after seasons over and get stuff on clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crghss

Me too, right now mossy oak has some good vest deals on their site.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

HILBY72

Ol Tom Easy Rider vest serves me well, its light and I feel well laid out for my needs. But I'm a hunter that carries only what I definitely need. It might be worth you taking a look at this vest???

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: HILBY72 on July 22, 2019, 11:02:21 PM
Ol Tom Easy Rider vest serves me well, its light and I feel well laid out for my needs. But I'm a hunter that carries only what I definitely need. It might be worth you taking a look at this vest???
I picked one up last season based on a strong recommendation from davisd9.  Glad I did. It is well laid out and I like it very much.  Looks like they took a lot of inspiration from the Dixon.

falltoms

Seems like everything made years ago was of better quality. The vest I'm wearing now is over 12 years old. I love it. I don't wash it either.  Keeps the color from fading and stitching tight.

Old Timer

stopped by Gander last evening. They had the Old Tom vest for like 50 bucks on sell out. Nice light vest but i could not figure the pockets out, king of small. Just didnt make sense to me. Nice deal if their your thing.

HILBY72

Old Timer, was that the Easy Rider or the Essentials vest that you looked at in Gander Outdoors for 50 bucks? There's quite a few pockets on the Easy Rider.

Old Timer

I believe it was the essentials i looked at closely. But they had them both there. One was a few bucks more. Most of there vest were 50 percent off. Good time to buy after the season.