Main Menu

Anybody else notice?

Started by Bay1985, July 13, 2019, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: cuttinAR on July 15, 2019, 08:24:46 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 15, 2019, 04:03:41 PM
Quote from: cuttinAR on July 15, 2019, 12:20:57 PM
Ok, I'm back for one more post.  After reading some of this nonsense I just can't help myself.  For you climate deniers, I have one quote for you.

The great thing about science is it is true whether or not you believe in it.
Major problem with that quote, first science said the world was created by an explosion, then they said an implosion, then there was a thing about it being spun together at one time. Science constantly contradicts itself, that is just one example.

So as technology advances, so does our understanding of things.  Science is supposed to have conflicting ideas until eventually a consensus is reached.

Don't you think when that apple fell that Newton everyone immediately believed in his theory of gravity?  Would you agree that the force of gravity is a consensus theory now?  Or that Galileo's heliocentric theory that the Earth orbits the Sun is now consensus?  Of course at the time Galileo was placed under arrest for the theories.  Interesting enough the Roman Catholic Church concluded that heliocentrism was "foolish and absurd in philosophy, and formally heretical since it explicitly contradicts in many places the sense of Holy Scripture".  Even more interesting is that a Jesuit Priest, Georges LemaĆ®tre, developed the explosion theory (Big Bang) that you alluded to.  For those that don't know the Jesuit Priests are the scientific arm of the Catholic Church.  Essentially the same church that once demonized Galileo was the first to propose the Big Bang theory.  That's science in its essence. 

Objective truths are what they are no matter your political, theological, etc. beliefs may be.  I'm not here to change anyone's mind and I meant to only comment once, however I'd encourage all to look up the facts on climate change and not be swayed by personal beliefs and ideologies.   
I will not comment on the catholic church here, I can guarantee you if I gave my beliefs on them there would be all out war. Suffice to say I believe VERY LITTLE that comes from them and we will leave it at that. Oh I am Italian, Irish and German, I was raised catholic.

A theory agreed upon is still a theory, I know many people, even well educated people (One is a college professor) that believe the world is flat. They have their consensus, but it is wrong.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Spitten and drummen

Is it almost turkey season yet? Little early to be jabbing back and forth.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

fallhnt

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on July 15, 2019, 10:18:43 PM
Then it's back to the same 'ol chit. No decoys, no blinds, no reaping,no bearded hens,no 41 yrd shots. At least this is a post about bigfoot,space aliens and other myths.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

GobbleNut

Here are some crazy ideas:
1) If any of us want to introduce a topic on this site, start off by recognizing that we are not all clones that have the same positions and attitudes on whatever that topic is.
2) If you know beforehand that your topic is likely to initiate a "forum brawl", then perhaps it would be best just to not bring it up.
3) Introduce any topic respectfully and in a manner that does not belittle, insult, or otherwise anger those with differing opinions.
4) When someone counters your position with a respectful response, do not immediately go to the "You don't know what you are talking about mind-set" and become disrespectful and insulting to them.
5) Try to stay away from hyperbole, "apples to oranges" comparisons, or general nonsense that has no basis in factual application to the discussion at hand.
6) Remember, you are entitled to your respectful opinions about something, but you are not entitled to your own set of facts that, in fact, have no basis in fact.
7) Remember Shannon's golden rule:  Be Nice! 

...If we can all stick to the above, we will be fine.   :icon_thumright:

LaLongbeard

Quote from: GobbleNut on July 16, 2019, 08:09:22 AM
1) If any of us want to introduce a topic on this site, start off by recognizing that we are not all clones that have the same positions and attitudes on whatever that topic is.
2) If you know beforehand that your topic is likely to initiate a "forum brawl", then perhaps it would be best just to not bring it up.
3) Introduce any topic respectfully and in a manner that does not belittle, insult, or otherwise anger those with differing opinions.
4) When someone counters your position with a respectful response, do not immediately go to the "You don't know what you are talking about mind-set" and become disrespectful and insulting to them.
5) Try to stay away from hyperbole, "apples to oranges" comparisons, or general nonsense that has no basis in factual application to the discussion at hand.
6) Remember, you are entitled to your respectful opinions about something, but you are not entitled to your own set of facts that, in fact, have no basis in fact.

How about not commenting at all of the subject upsets you? You may think you have to respond to every single post on the forum but that's all in your head. #6 I'll add if you don't have facts that disprove what someone else posted an emoji will not prove your position.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

GobbleNut

Quote from: LaLongbeard on July 16, 2019, 11:10:11 AM

How about not commenting at all of the subject upsets you? You may think you have to respond to every single post on the forum but that's all in your head. #6 I'll add if you don't have facts that disprove what someone else posted an emoji will not prove your position.

Why am I not surprised that you responded,...or that your comment reflects exactly the point I was trying to make?  Some folks here just don't get it.... 

LaLongbeard

Just took a count 11 people posted agreed that the CC is a money making scam, 5 disagreed and believe it is real. 3 made some comments but made took no position one way or the other. There were only 3 that actually argued or contributed to the argument and you were one of them. I'm not surprised you don't understand that.
Quote from: GobbleNut on July 16, 2019, 11:25:51 AM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on July 16, 2019, 11:10:11 AM

Why am I not surprised that you responded,...or that your comment reflects exactly the point I was trying to make?  Some folks here just don't get it.... 

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Quote from: LaLongbeard on July 16, 2019, 11:29:50 AM
Just took a count 11 people posted agreed that the CC is a money making scam, 5 disagreed and believe it is real. 3 made some comments but made took no position one way or the other. There were only 3 that actually argued or contributed to the argument and you were one of them. I'm not surprised you don't understand that.

I am sorry but you are missing the entire point here.  It does not matter how many people agree or disagree with something posted.  What matters is that all of the members here have a right to have their opinions respected,...and they most certainly have the right to post those opinions respectfully without ridicule from those that disagree with them. You and your alter-ego are the two individuals that don't seem to comprehend that.  You somehow believe it is your right to post something, regardless of how unsavory it might be,...and how distastefully you present it to others here,...without any response. 

If you don't want to see people respond to your posts, DON'T POST STUFF THAT OTHER PEOPLE TAKE EXCEPTION TO!  And if you do post that stuff, you damn well better expect those of us that disagree vehemently with your position to say something back that counters it.  And if we do, you damn well better learn to stop resorting to insulting people every single time it happens!,....which is exactly what you do!

Learn how to interact with people in a socially acceptable way and all will be fine!  If you are not capable of doing that,...which so far you have not shown you are,...then do us all a favor and leave.  Geesus, man,...Get a clue!

I apologize for this rant to everybody else on this site that comes here to have a little friendly interaction with other turkey hunters,...but for God's sake, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

ChiefBubba

Quote from: fallhnt on July 15, 2019, 11:41:31 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on July 15, 2019, 10:18:43 PM
Then it's back to the same 'ol chit. No decoys, no blinds, no reaping,no bearded hens,no 41 yrd shots. At least this is a post about bigfoot,space aliens and other myths.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This post right here made reading all 6 pages worth it haha Bubba

LaLongbeard

Quote from: GobbleNut on July 16, 2019, 12:33:50 PM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on July 16, 2019, 11:29:50 AM

I am sorry but you are missing the entire point here.  It does not matter how many people agree or disagree with something posted.  What matters is that all of the members here have a right to have their opinions respected,...and they most certainly have the right to post those opinions respectfully without ridicule from those that disagree with them. You and your alter-ego are the two individuals that don't seem to comprehend that.  You somehow believe it is your right to post something, regardless of how unsavory it might be,...and how distastefully you present it to others here,...without any response. 

If you don't want to see people respond to your posts, DON'T POST STUFF THAT OTHER PEOPLE TAKE EXCEPTION TO!  And if you do post that stuff, you damn well better expect those of us that disagree vehemently with your position to say something back that counters it.  And if we do, you damn well better learn to stop resorting to insulting people every single time it happens!,....which is exactly what you do!

Learn how to interact with people in a socially acceptable way and all will be fine!  If you are not capable of doing that,...which so far you have not shown you are,...then do us all a favor and leave.  Geesus, man,...Get a clue!

I apologize for this rant to everybody else on this site that comes here to have a little friendly interaction with other turkey hunters,...but for God's sake, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
You are the one that started the whole argument and are to senile to know it. You even went so far as to quote someone that has already made it clear they have put you on the ignore list and yet you kept trying to goad an argument out of them with quote about the guys job. You never made any comment that included any facts or in anyway contributed to the thread. Every comment you made was argumentative or was accusing me of being the same person as the OP. Then a day later your back with your long drawn out posts trying to tell us how to get along. You spend all day sitting around the nursing home in a full diaper commenting on every single post. The other posters that disagreed had actual thoughts and opinions to back them up all you had was negative and lame comments lol. Ima go ahead and ignore you myself so I don't have to read anymore of your garbage... or wait maybe I already have. You have been removed from my presence.

GobbleNut

I give!  You are right.  I am the one at fault here.  Shannon, please boot me off of the site and put me out of everybody's misery!  We will consider it to be a "mercy banning"!!
:newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot:
Is that enough emojis for you LaBayBeard?   :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029:  :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029:
Whoops!  Dammit!  How do those keep popping up?!!  :dancingturkey: :dancingturkey: :dancingturkey: :dancingturkey: :dancingturkey:
What?!! Ohhh, NOoooo!  More emojis!  Run awayyyy LaBayBeard! Run Awayyyy!!   :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey:

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

HookedonHooks

GobbleNut

Quote from: HookedonHooks on July 16, 2019, 05:41:30 PM
Quote from: guesswho on July 16, 2019, 05:18:29 PM
Cluck cluck
Purrr

Are those fighting purrs or just the regular kind?  :toothy12:
I would add more emojis to this but I don't want to scare LaBayBeard.  He's such a sensitive guy after all....not to mention completely rational,... and rumor has it he is a "stabbel Jeenious", too!   
:toothy9:  (Oh, crap,..sorry LaBayBeard,...those emojis just keeping jumpin' onto the page.  My bad!  ...didn't mean to scare ya!)