News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody else notice?

Started by Bay1985, July 13, 2019, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Quote from: Bay1985 on July 15, 2019, 05:17:11 PM
You will not see a reduction of oil usage in your lifetime or your kids lifetime. I work for one of the largest Oil Refineries on the Gulf Coast and we have been setting production records for years with no reduction foreseeable. There is to much money in the drilling, transportation, refining and sale of oil and oil products. Not to mention the tax revenue and export income. The world runs on oil period. And even if all the tree huggers in the US could flip a switch and turn America all electric it would not slow down fossil fuel usage it would only cripple the US economy. You may have been gullible enough to buy an electric car but the transformation of a society built and ran on oil is delusional.

...And that right there, ladies and gentlemen, tells us all we need to know about where Mr. LaBay gets his "facts" from....    :TooFunny: :happy0064: :z-guntootsmiley: :newmascot:

Crghss

I don't have an electric car, I drive a Ram 1500 HEMI V8. But I can read. ALL vehicle manufacturers are pumping Billions in too electric car development. ALL electric companies are converting to renewables and natural gas. For those that don't will cease to exist.

We have a ways to go before we reduce our dependence on oil but that does not negate the fact we will switch too electric cars and renewables.....and all because there is too much money too be made. Electric cars are significantly cheaper, nuclear energy is the only cheaper source of electricity other then renewables (solar/wind).

The USA exports more gas/oil then any other country. That doesn't mean we won't reduce our consumption of oil. It is too cost effective too not move away from oil. Just as we've eliminated our reliance of coal we will do the same with oil. It's called progress.

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Bay1985

Quote from: Crghss on July 15, 2019, 07:08:03 PM
I don't have an electric car, I drive a Ram 1500 HEMI V8. But I can read. ALL vehicle manufacturers are pumping Billions in too electric car development. ALL electric companies are converting to renewables and natural gas. For those that don't will cease to exist.

We have a ways to go before we reduce our dependence on oil but that does not negate the fact we will switch too electric cars and renewables.....and all because there is too much money too be made. Electric cars are significantly cheaper, nuclear energy is the only cheaper source of electricity other then renewables (solar/wind).

The USA exports more gas/oil then any other country. That doesn't mean we won't reduce our consumption of oil. It is too cost effective too not move away from oil. Just as we've eliminated our reliance of coal we will do the same with oil. It's called progress.
The point of my original post was that our government is wasting tax payer dollars trying to fix a fabricated doom scenario backed by fake scientific data that has been proven wrong.
Concerning US oil consumption, you claim in 10-15 years there will be a transformation of society. Now you say we have a ways to go. My previous statement stands ,not in your lifetime. You stated there's to much money to be made. How in your mind does that work? Electric cars and wind power are cheaper, then were will the profits come from? You apparently have no idea how much of the US economy is tied up in Oil. Even if the US had a ready made source of free energy available that could keep up with the demands, which they don't, to many politicians are being payed by the Oil companies to keep that from happening. And non of this makes any difference to China or any other Oil consuming country.
And non of that has anything to do with fabricated science fiction theories.

Crghss

Where do you see "government is wasting tax payer dollars trying to fix a fabricated doom scenario"? Where exactly do you think this money is being spent/wasted?

cuttinAR

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 15, 2019, 04:03:41 PM
Quote from: cuttinAR on July 15, 2019, 12:20:57 PM
Ok, I'm back for one more post.  After reading some of this nonsense I just can't help myself.  For you climate deniers, I have one quote for you.

The great thing about science is it is true whether or not you believe in it.
Major problem with that quote, first science said the world was created by an explosion, then they said an implosion, then there was a thing about it being spun together at one time. Science constantly contradicts itself, that is just one example.

So as technology advances, so does our understanding of things.  Science is supposed to have conflicting ideas until eventually a consensus is reached.

Do you think when that apple fell that Newton everyone immediately believed in his theory of gravity?  Would you agree that the force of gravity is a consensus theory now?  Or that Galileo's heliocentric theory that the Earth orbits the Sun is now consensus?  Of course at the time Galileo was placed under arrest for the theories.  Interesting enough the Roman Catholic Church concluded that heliocentrism was "foolish and absurd in philosophy, and formally heretical since it explicitly contradicts in many places the sense of Holy Scripture".  Even more interesting is that a Jesuit Priest, Georges LemaĆ®tre, developed the explosion theory (Big Bang) that you alluded to.  For those that don't know the Jesuit Priests are the scientific arm of the Catholic Church.  Essentially the same church that once demonized Galileo was the first to propose the Big Bang theory.  That's science in its essence. 

Objective truths are what they are no matter your political, theological, etc. beliefs may be.  I'm not here to change anyone's mind and I meant to only comment once, however I'd encourage all to look up the facts on climate change and not be swayed by personal beliefs and ideologies.   

Bay1985

Quote from: Crghss on July 15, 2019, 08:19:42 PM
Where do you see "government is wasting tax payer dollars trying to fix a fabricated doom scenario"? Where exactly do you think this money is being spent/wasted?
You haven't answered my question but I will answer yours. NASA and any other government agency that has contributed to this "Theory" was paid by tax payer dollars. Ever heard of the Paris agreement that Obummer signed is up for? If not look it up.It would have tanked the US  and it wouldn't  matter how cheap an electric car is if you don't have any money to buy one.
Now unless you can answer my questions we are done....move along 

Bay1985

The Big Bang, evolution also only a theory

cuttinAR

"A skeptic will question claims, then embrace the evidence.  A denier will question claims, then reject the evidence."

/thread

idgobble

Quote from: Bay1985 on July 15, 2019, 07:46:16 PM

The point of my original post was that our government is wasting tax payer dollars trying to fix a fabricated doom scenario backed by fake scientific data that has been proven wrong.
Concerning US oil consumption, you claim in 10-15 years there will be a transformation of society. Now you say we have a ways to go. My previous statement stands ,not in your lifetime. You stated there's to much money to be made. How in your mind does that work? Electric cars and wind power are cheaper, then were will the profits come from? You apparently have no idea how much of the US economy is tied up in Oil. Even if the US had a ready made source of free energy available that could keep up with the demands, which they don't, to many politicians are being payed by the Oil companies to keep that from happening. And non of this makes any difference to China or any other Oil consuming country.

Bank Of America: Oil Demand Growth To Hit Zero Within A Decade

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Bank-Of-America-Oil-Demand-Growth-To-Hit-Zero-Within-A-Decade.html

Crghss

How did Paris Accord cost the USA any money? It was just a piece of paper that didn't cost the USA anything. What in the Paris would have tanked the US economy?

Bay1985

Quote from: Bay1985 on July 15, 2019, 09:01:34 PM
Quote from: Crghss on July 15, 2019, 08:48:11 PM
How did Paris Accord cost the USA any money? It was just a piece of paper that didn't cost the USA anything. What in the Paris would have tanked the US economy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It didn't cost anything because Trump kept his promise
Like I said you've answered nothing your done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay1985

Quote from: idgobble on July 15, 2019, 08:47:34 PM
Quote from: Bay1985 on July 15, 2019, 07:46:16 PM

Bank Of America: Oil Demand Growth To Hit Zero Within A Decade

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Bank-Of-America-Oil-Demand-Growth-To-Hit-Zero-Within-A-Decade.html
Another theory read the entire article. If you believe the CC scam you probably also believe the Earth will be gone in 12 years so why are you worrying about oil consumption in 10 years lol

fallhnt

Quote from: Bay1985 on July 15, 2019, 05:17:11 PM
Quote from: Crghss on July 15, 2019, 03:11:20 PM
If you believe in global warming or not the truth is 1st world countries are reducing carbon emissions by:

Building solar/wind generation
Eliminating dependency on coal and oil 
Developing electric cars for everyday use

There is no stopping this....within 10-15 years the transformation of society will reflect these new realities.
You will not see a reduction of oil usage in your lifetime or your kids lifetime. I work for one of the largest Oil Refineries on the Gulf Coast and we have been setting production records for years with no reduction foreseeable. There is to much money in the drilling, transportation, refining and sale of oil and oil products. Not to mention the tax revenue and export income. The world runs on oil period. And even if all the tree huggers in the US could flip a switch and turn America all electric it would not slow down fossil fuel usage it would only cripple the US economy. You may have been gullible enough to buy an electric car but the transformation of a society built and ran on oil is delusional.
True this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Crghss

Didn't realize there was a question in your original post, thought it was rant against global warming....

You do realize that even thought we pulled out of Paris accord we will meet the reduction of carbon emission in the time frame allotted in the agreement?

fallhnt

Quote from: Crghss on July 15, 2019, 08:48:11 PM
No other country would have funded a single thing. It would have been another US taxpayer burden.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy