turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Striker preference

Started by zelmo1, June 18, 2019, 07:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Straight or rounded? Favorite 3 strikers?

Sir-diealot

Mushroom tips
Derrick Stuckey tulip-wood
David Halloran one piece Ipe
Derrick Stuckey Macassar Ebony
Neal's diamond-wood
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Harold Fowler - Snakewood , Neal - Rutland Diamond wood - Str. and Flare , Neal - M Ebony str. tip , Fred Cox Tulipwood ....

Spitten and drummen

Straight. Stuckey macassar , lyman tulipwood and cox dymondwood.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

bobk

Daybreak dymondwood,  Lyman Snakewood, Lyman Macassar Ebony, Torman  Black Locust

Happy

No real preference as far as the tip goes. Dymondwood, hickory,and yellowheart would be my top 3.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

zsully

Lyman or JLH both make a top notch striker. Woods combos would be Tulipwood, Hickory, Bloodwood in that order

aaron

I don't care about shape.  I want the hardest, densest strikers I can find.   Love the sharp clear sound and good breakover from the super dense and hard woods

Bay1985

Straight
Purple Heart
Rutland diamond wood
Hickory

zelmo1

Quote from: Bay1985 on June 19, 2019, 12:44:05 AM
Straight
Purple Heart
Rutland diamond wood
Hickory
These are my 3 originals too, I added bloodwood, jatoba and ipe to my bag. I can use one or two of these on all my calls.

davisd9

Straight Tip Fowler Snakewood, Mysterywood, and Wenge.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeytider

No real preference as to tip. Halloran dymondwood, Stuckey mac ebony, Fowler snakewood. No particular order of preference. JLH heavy cedar clucks and purrs just great, too.

sixbird

I like a Holleran Ipe or Jatoba.
That said, I just got two from Jeff Harrison (JLH). Man, I'm telling you, those strikers are EASY to run and sound GREAT!

mtns2hunt

My main go to is Black locust, purple heart and occasionally hickory, Black locust plays on everything I have and sounds really good on my Crystal Mistress. I prefer a mushroom tip but play several round tip strikers as well.

I have not figured out all the different combinations yet but primarily stick with what works.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.