turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Patterning today... PICS.

Started by new2turkey, February 12, 2011, 11:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2turkey

went out and patterned today, in about 3 feet of snow. The temperature was under 20 when we were out...

What do you guys think? This was between 40-45 yards, hard to tell exactly in 3 feet of snow... Thanks guys.

Also, 3 inch remington premier 2 oz of #6 shot.
Mossberg 500 with a truglo gobble stopper choke on it.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Very good with Lead, at that distance, in that temperature.

new2turkey

good to hear... If I had done the circle differently I could've gotten in probably another 15 hits.... I'm gonna re-do the circle and see if I can... Also, the shot is copper plated... Don't know if that makes a difference.

joshua

Excellant pattern considering the temps.  That pattern will only get better with warmer weather.  Good luck this spring.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

new2turkey

Shifted the circle a bit and got 105 hits... I also adjusted the sights and my poi should be dead on...

Kylongspur88

That's a really good pattern for cold weather and Remington shells, I think your gun likes them.

new2turkey

Cool! Thanks alot guys... I'll pattern again in the spring also...

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

new2turkey

The other pics i had to resize cause they were too small...

gotta love Maine...  :z-flirtysmile3:

He loves shootin the Gamos :)

VAHUNTER

anybody that is willing to go out in those temps and wade through the snow to check a pattern .belongs right here on OG!!!!

Considering the temps and the yardage i think thats a great pattern. once warmer weather shows up you should see a good increase in pellet count. i used Rem.Nitro's for a few years and had great results
Good things come to those who wait

new2turkey

Sounds good! If I had the $$ I'd be there everyday... Lol.

I'm glad I found a shell that works well in my gun... I want to pattern them again April sometime. I'm hoping to get in the 130s... Is this achievable or will the # of hits be modest?

gophert

Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 12, 2011, 04:55:40 PM
anybody that is willing to go out in those temps and wade through the snow to check a pattern .belongs right here on OG!!!!
:you_rock:

VAHUNTER

Quote from: new2turkey on February 12, 2011, 05:00:57 PM
Sounds good! If I had the $$ I'd be there everyday... Lol.

I'm glad I found a shell that works well in my gun... I want to pattern them again April sometime. I'm hoping to get in the 130s... Is this achievable or will the # of hits be modest?
i was getting 140 at 40yds with Rem. Nitro's 3.5" 2oz #6's so it is very possible  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

pullit

seeing those pictures makes me feel like a sissy for not going out with a couple of inches of snow on the ground and the temps in the 20's..... :-[

new2turkey

Quote from: pullit on February 12, 2011, 06:57:30 PM
seeing those pictures makes me feel like a sissy for not going out with a couple of inches of snow on the ground and the temps in the 20's..... :-[
:TooFunny:

It actually wasn't too bad, except for that I had already loaded Zachary up full of stuff and myself as well, I forgot my gloves  :character0029:

We got lucky cause the snow was packed down where we were standing, so we weren't up to our knees :).

Good to hear about good improvements with the temp. rise.. I'm gonna hold off patterning again until April or so.