OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

H&R 10ga

Started by woodchip, May 03, 2011, 09:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodchip

A buddy of mine got a product magazine from H&R the other day.  It has the Pardner Turkey model pictured, and in the info section a pistol grip stock is an option. Has anyone seen or have one of these pistol grip stocks for the H&R 10ga?  If so could you post a pic of it.  I've searched their website and the net and found nothing.  Thanks to anyone who puts up any info.

JDogg

look up handi-stock

presdme

this is the stock i purchased from h&r a few years ago. It was made by boydes stocks for h&r. Boydes should still have them it h&r dont ,if this is what your looking for. These h&rs are good guns!! Good luck and good HUNTIN!!

JDogg

They have new stock similar to the Remington sureshot that is called a handi stock.

http://www.amazon.com/1871-Stock-Black-NE-72900/dp/B003YM9C1O

It actually looks nicer than a sureshot.

cannonball

I hope the recoil pad is as good as the Remington's.

turkeybill34

That is the stock I am looking to get for mine,the one pictured above that is

Basser69

That is a good looking gun but.......All I can say is ouch. It looks painfull to shoot. I am guessing that it weighs in under 7 pounds?

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: Basser69 on May 06, 2011, 10:13:04 AM
That is a good looking gun but.......All I can say is ouch. It looks painfull to shoot. I am guessing that it weighs in under 7 pounds?

The bare gun weighs 9 lbs. With scope and all mine weighs 10 heavy lbs.   :smiley-char092:

Quote from: turkeybill34 on May 05, 2011, 10:52:40 PM
That is the stock I am looking to get for mine,the one pictured above that is
Me too. That is a nice looking gun right there.  :z-guntootsmiley:   :z-guntootsmiley:

gobbler74

Somebody said 7 lbs. Only thing involved with a 10 ga that weighs 7 lbs is the shell...ok, the sling too.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

presdme

Thanks all for the compliments  on the h&r. It does indeed kick a little bit. Some say about the same as a 3 1/2 12 ga. I have never shot one of them so I cant say for sure. I can say I don't enjoy sighting in or looking for better patterns by myself, so I get my neighbor to help  :thanks: :thanks: If I can help in any way let me know. GOOD HUNTIN!!

gobbler74

Lead sled. Take all your guns, pack a lunch, shoot the mean stuff all day long. No black and blue to show for it for about the price of a couple dozen shells.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

turkeybill34

Lead sled sounds like a good idea

Hognutz

I just bought one last week..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

nflorek

Quote from: woodchip on May 03, 2011, 09:09:05 PM
A buddy of mine got a product magazine from H&R the other day.  It has the Pardner Turkey model pictured, and in the info section a pistol grip stock is an option. Has anyone seen or have one of these pistol grip stocks for the H&R 10ga?  If so could you post a pic of it.  I've searched their website and the net and found nothing.  Thanks to anyone who puts up any info.
I have a factory handi-stock on my H@R 10ga.The box it comes in says it will not fit the 10ga.  the stock bolts right on, but the fore end channel needs to be opened up to fit the fat barrel it was pretty easy to do and looks awesome.

Beretta686

Quote from: presdme on May 05, 2011, 08:30:21 PM

this is the stock i purchased from h&r a few years ago. It was made by boydes stocks for h&r. Boydes should still have them it h&r dont ,if this is what your looking for. These h&rs are good guns!! Good luck and good HUNTIN!!

Very nice gun. Have a H&R 10 that I took on on trade and am building it now.

I have a BPS 10  too.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005