Main Menu

Broken glass

Started by Prohunter3509, May 27, 2019, 11:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prohunter3509

Have a cody glass call with broken glass
Want to replace it with a slate where can I find one

Sir-diealot

You want to replace the entire call or just the striking surface? On a side not the maker may fix it for you, not sure of his policies but many do free or cheap repairs.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

vt35mag

Likely the internals on their glass calls are not the same as their slate calls. Best to replace the glass with glass, and if you want a slate call but a slate call. Replace the glass with a slate and you maybe disappointed with what you hear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

BigSlam51

Exactly
Quote from: vt35mag on May 27, 2019, 06:04:31 PM
Likely the internals on their glass calls are not the same as their slate calls. Best to replace the glass with glass, and if you want a slate call but a slate call. Replace the glass with a slate and you maybe disappointed with what you hear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Prohunter3509

A www  didn't know that I will go with glass then
Thank y'all

fishr64

Call Cody and ask them. They fixed a loose soundboard on an older Cody II for free for we about 2 years ago. They were busy when I talked to them about 2 months ago but should be slower soon.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: fishr64 on May 28, 2019, 11:56:43 AM
Call Cody and ask them. They fixed a loose soundboard on an older Cody II for free for we about 2 years ago. They were busy when I talked to them about 2 months ago but should be slower soon.

They will fix or replace it no doubt. Getting in touch with them to make it happen is another story. Communication with them is lack luster at best. I finally shipped one of my world class slates back because it lost its sound. A week later , I sent a email just trying to make sure they got my call. Week goes by , email again , no response. I finally got a short reply that the call was in their possession. I have been on the list for a spec 1 legend for well over a year. I am patiently waiting. Just sharing my experience. I love my cody slate calls for sure.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE