OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Day Just Started Out Crappy

Started by Sir-diealot, May 18, 2019, 10:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmorgan9812

Man that's awesome congrats. I just seen this, were have I been ha ha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

That's awesome congratulations, way hang in there and grit it out. What started out as a rough morning sure did turn around in a big way for you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Spurs Up

:icon_thumright:  Well-deserved and, I'm sure, supremely gratifying. Well done!  Congrats.

shoer2

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tail Feathers

Congratulations on a great bird!
Nice write up.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bear hunter

1iagobblergetter

I'm really happy for you on a well deserved bird. You definitely worked all year preparing for this..Some guys would have gave up with the challenges you faced,but you kept at it and persevered... :icon_thumright:

Marc

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 18, 2019, 10:08:21 PM
I love that I had the time to stand there and look down and admire all the wonderful colors shown reflecting in the sunlight, I have never seen that, none of my friends hunt turkey, it was so amazing how they changed in the light. After he stopped moving for the last time was able to see how beautiful and intricate the colors of his head were, the way the colors change on each bump of his head and how pretty that pale blue was and how robust that red was and I reached down and checked out the way the snood felt, it was just amazing to be able to stand there and admire this wonderful creature that God gave to us is. I am so incredibly thankful that God let me get back to this after not really being able to hunt for 17 years, it is suck a glorious gift he has given us to be able to enjoy the world and the creatures he has created.

I have often spoken of "relishing the moment..."  I primarily hunt birds, and turkeys are the only game, that I really relish that moment after taking a bird...

Every time I take a bird, I will sit there and just admire the bird in a state of disbelief that I actually got it...

I enjoyed your story, and could feel your excitement as I read it...   Great Job!!!  All the way around...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Happy

So the next question. Who has a better beard? The Turkey or the hunter?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

mmorgan9812

Quote from: Happy on May 19, 2019, 09:09:44 PM
So the next question. Who has a better beard? The Turkey or the hunter?
Now that's a tough question, that got me cracked up! Ha ha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

crow

Congrats on your nice gobbler, good shooting and way to get it done

fishr64

Congratulations!! So glad to hear you were rewarded with your patience and perseverance brother!

shoer2

J-Shaped

Happy for you man. Hope it's the first of many!