turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler with no beard

Started by idgobble, May 10, 2019, 12:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

Georgia regs state "3 gobblers per season, including Special Opportunity Season."

merriamsman

In Montana the spring regulation is for a "Male Wild Turkey". Apparently, bearded hens are not legal. A person should be able to easily identify gobblers in the spring, bearded or not.

Tomfoolery

I don't like this reg. Its easy to tell an adult gobbler ways other than the beard.  Kinda hard to get a measurement on a live gobbler.

mikejd

NY regs say say beard protruding past the feathers. My dad accidentally shot a beardless years ago and its still one of the biggest jokes amongst us all. He came right down a trail in front of us with 2 hens as if he was saying dont worry ladies I got no beard. I was calling and my brother was shooting. Well he didnt shoot because he had no eyes on the beard. Finally out of no where dad lets it ride. We walk over and I say dad where is the beard. He goes I dont know but he has to have one he was in strut and gobbling the whole way.
Me and my brother busted his chops for atleast 10 yrs now. He had a miss and did not get a bird for a few years after that. We have been talking about the beardless jinx for years.

Im laughing as I type this now.