News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Good luck PA boys & girls !!!!

Started by Yoder409, April 27, 2019, 05:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pressured Gobbler

TauntoHawk

The wind gusts brought snow flying in the air in the northeast part of the state but it couldn't put out the fire these birds had.

This bird gobbled once on the roost that I could hear but struck him up out in a sheltered over grown field on the back side of the mountain and he ditched the flock he was with to come strutting and gobbling on a string. 20lbs 1 1/8 sharp spurs and just the thinnest of 8.75in beard.

I met up with my dad who had my nephew out, they had heard a big flock of birds on the roost but they had worked off and went quiet when the wind started. We didn't make it far from their original set up before we struck them again near one of our small food plots surrounded by hemlocks. 3 longbeards strutted in hammering to every call and they took a double. Dad's bird had 1 1/8 & 1 3/16 spurs, nephews had a solid 1 3/16 & 1 1/4. Pretty cool having 3 generations of turkey hunters all kill the same morning.

By far my best opening day and only the second time I've worked 3 birds to the gun in a single morning. Felt great after getting whooped in MD on public and going to Ohio blind for the first time this weekend.

On Sunday my uncle sends a picture of a bird strutting up his driveway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bobk

Yoder409

Now THAT'S stackin em up !!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS to all !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

tomstopper

That's awesome. Congrats to you all

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats to you all

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

dirtnap

joey46

Devastator

killed #2 this morning,wished I still had photobucket!!

Yoder409

Hung my 2nd tag yesterday morning.

This bird, along with another, hosed me Tuesday morning.  So I hosed him back yesterday.  Worked him from the limb.  6:19 AM it was over.  He came in silent and strutting.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.